Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford rear brake pressure valve
Motty

posted on 4/2/04 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ford rear brake pressure valve

The standard unit from the bulkhead of a Sierra, can anybody tell me what end is the brake fluid in end please and does the "nose" point un slightly or down? I know I haven't explained this at all well but hopefully you know what I mean.
Peteff

posted on 4/2/04 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
The best place to position the brake proportining valve from the sierra is in the bin, you don't need it. If you must fit one use the fiat one (uno I think) as they are adjustable and the sierra one works on the suspension angle change which you will not get in a locost type car.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 4/2/04 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
it would be dodgy to use it. it works on G force and is VERY sensitive to mounting angle. get it wrong and it wont work right.

fiat uno or mini proportioning valves are best. Some people say you dont need them, others do. its prob dependent on your car wieght and brake types

atb

steve

Dick Axtell

posted on 8/2/04 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
G-valves

quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
it would be dodgy to use it. it works on G force and is VERY sensitive to mounting angle. get it wrong and it wont work right.

Absolutely correct, Steve. Plus how will you know when it doesn't work?

quote:
its prob dependent on your car wieght and brake types.

Plus a whole raft of other variables, e.g. wheel-base, height of c.o.g., weight distribution, friction quality of pad/shoe lining etc. etc.

Alternative valve suggestion, Motty - use one of those screw-in valves used on the Mk3 Fiesta mcyl. Not adjustable, but uterly reliable.
Dick

[Edited on 8/2/04 by Dick Axtell]

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

dblissett

posted on 8/2/04 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
avon

so this means another part of the avon book is wrong ( it shows one of the sierra brake regulators fitted sideways in the back end )
i am begining to get a complex about the avon book
cheers dave

Northy

posted on 8/2/04 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
I think the way Tiger have mounted it, they are hoping that it will limit the pressure constantly, not just under heavy breaking, because I think it is mounted backwards aswell!

I was never intending the use the piece of shite!

I've now gone for floor mounted pedals, and have a spare brand new Uno valve.....

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 8/2/04 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
"so this means another part of the avon book is wrong"

The bit about Glen Miller still missing was right though

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

dblissett

posted on 9/2/04 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
avon book

i dont know about glen miller but stevie wonder did the drawings

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.