Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay 'collect in three days' request
dhutch

posted on 6/2/09 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay 'collect in three days' request

Ive just won a set of wheels on ebay, good enough price at £30 for a set of four 13" ford lasers, however there in lancshire so i was hoping to collect them when i will be up there in a week or two.
- Should have asked the seller, but ive been feeling rough for the last few days and didnt get around to it.

Anyway, to cut a long story short he's now got back to me as said 'the item' should be picked up within 3days as per the bottom of the add.
- Add says nothing, other than payment should be via paypal within three days (add states cash on collection only).

Basical, it would be a right arse royal arse to get there within three days (grandads 80th this weekend, if nothing else) so im just wondering what your thoughts would be.

I might offer to pay (half?) for them beforehand, or sugest i could send a courier (proberbly cheaper than doing it myslf any way).

But yeah, Just wondering your thoughts on that. Right now im just too tired and full of flu to really be able to think stright at all.

Daniel

iceman26

posted on 6/2/09 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
were is he based in lanc
if not to far might be able to pick them up and hold them for you

MikeR

posted on 6/2/09 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
and I'm heading south from Wigan on Sunday (assuming I make it up tonight) so between us we could have your alloys in the Midlands for you to collect.
Aboardman

posted on 6/2/09 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
any where around blackburn preston, burnley etc

i can pick them up for you.

Steve Hignett

posted on 6/2/09 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I can meet someone at jnc 18 M6 on their way south and hold them for you in your area too, if required...

thunderace

posted on 6/2/09 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
i love this forum evryone is so helpful its great.
D Beddows

posted on 6/2/09 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Indeed , I live just off junction 25 of the M6 (Wigan/Ashton In Makerfield/Warrington/St Helens) so if it's closeish to any of those I don't mind picking them up and holding on to them for a bit for you either

dhutch

posted on 6/2/09 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thunderace
i love this forum evryone is so helpful its great.
Yeah increadable isnt it, thanks to everyone for the offers of help already.

The're in Leyland currently.
- I'll send him another email and try and arange somthing a little more sensable!

Although if anyone is coming down the M6 from that way at any time over the weekend i would be more than happy to renburse you for the trouble.

*Email sent

Daniel

[Edited on 6/2/2009 by dhutch]

MikeR

posted on 7/2/09 at 12:10 AM Reply With Quote
Well my parents are Junction 27 and Leyland is Junction 28 so between me Dave Beddows we should be able to sort something out.

Only issue for me is I'm driving up tomorrow morning as early as I get out of bed, got the footy in the afternoon (come on Wigan) and then driving back late morning Sunday. Suppose that leaves me free around lunch Saturday, early evening Saturday and Sunday morning.

If that might fit in with the bloke for collection - u2u me his number and I'll sort it out.

austin man

posted on 7/2/09 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
I reckon theres enough of us to pass them on by hand and get into the guniss book of records for the longest delivery chain in the world
RK

posted on 7/2/09 at 04:26 AM Reply With Quote
You can get one picked up by each of the nice guys on here, and then arrange from there!!
dhutch

posted on 7/2/09 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Well my parents are Junction 27 and Leyland is Junction 28 so between me Dave Beddows we should be able to sort something out.

Only issue for me is I'm driving up tomorrow morning as early as I get out of bed, got the footy in the afternoon (come on Wigan) and then driving back late morning Sunday. Suppose that leaves me free around lunch Saturday, early evening Saturday and Sunday morning.

If that might fit in with the bloke for collection - u2u me his number and I'll sort it out.

Sounds like it could be cracking, not got a number of him yet despite asking but u2u and txt sent.

Cheers, Daniel.

dhutch

posted on 12/2/09 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
Public thankyou for MikeR who kindly picked them up for me over the weekend alowing me to collect them local from him tonight.
- They seam to all right as well, which is great all right.

So thanks Mike. Good work well done.

Daniel

MikeR

posted on 12/2/09 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
mumble grumble - you could have not picked them up

(they looked a bargain and i was quite jealous - sorry I wasn't more hospitable but I had plans for tonight)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.