Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Maplins Immobiliser
mr_pr

posted on 16/2/09 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Maplins Immobiliser

I remember a few months back a few of us bought the maplins immobilser...This one (cached)

Anyone wired it in yet? I have a few questions.

1. It breaks the fuel pump, starter circuit and another one. Anyone know what this is?

2. It also 2 wires for some wire numbers. Assuming this means it can break in two points? Am I right?

3. Do you have to use all of the circuits? I would quite like to keep it fairly simple with only one break in two vehicle functions. E.g. One starter motor ciruit break, one fuel pump break.

4. Final one, but not very important as I will end up testing it myself. What is the range like, will it work through sheet ali? Carbon Fibre?

Thanks

Ed

My Build Progress

matty_64

posted on 16/2/09 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
looks very similar to one i got of ebay.used to break fuel pump,start circiut and coil.that had doubled up on all the wires,i just cut and insulated the wires i didnt need.it works well though the range of the sensor is not great,about 6".the ariel should work through cf as its supposed to fit behind the steering cowl on a tin top
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 16/2/09 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Why not put the ariel into your seat base, leave the sensor in your pocket then
nstrug

posted on 16/2/09 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
It has three circuits and you can use them for anything you want. The comically badly translated and illustrated instructions suggest fuel pump, starter circuit and ECU (at least, that's what I think the icon represents). All wires are doubled up although of course you don't have to use them all.

In fact you don't have to use all 3 circuits, just using a single one to say, the ECU or to replace the kill switch on a bike engine would work fine for the 'security' criterion of SVA, although obviously would be easier to bypass for a thief.

I find that the antenna works absolutely fine surrounding my ignition lock, on the other side of the fibreglass of course.

Nick

mr_pr

posted on 23/2/09 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
Quick update. I wired in the immobiliser using just the circuit I wanted and left the other off. Also, I have the antenna ring on the seat.

It all works well and in my opinion is pretty snazzy. Just sit in the seat with the transponder and it disarms the system!

If anyone has any ques about the setup fire away!

My Build Progress

Meeerrrk

posted on 24/2/09 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
waaa thats damn good value @ £15

For Sale : 2008 Aries/Stuart Taylor Motorsport Locoblade (954 Blade)

02GF74

posted on 25/2/09 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr_pr
It all works well and in my opinion is pretty snazzy. Just sit in the seat with the transponder and it disarms the system!

so is the system armed when the transponder moves out of range?

for example, if you have had a few pies one evening, jumped into your car and then whilst driving as the pies settle the transponder broke, would the car cut out?

presumable there is some fail safe to preventthat?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.