Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: finally got a donor
paul the 6th

posted on 27/2/09 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
finally got a donor

89,000 miles, 1.8 glx, 6 months mot, mint condition apart from a cig burn on the drivers seat, starts and runs first time everytime, no smoke, no missfires, exhaust sounds to be blowing slightly but meh...

£275

anyone need spares?

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr Whippy

posted on 27/2/09 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
mind to join the Sierra's owners club and post pic's of you cutting it up with a still saw

seems almost too good to destroy thb, do you think they’ll be any classic Fords left in the car shows or will that now be space used by the Nissan owners instead?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 27/2/09 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Any chance of the tunnel, floor and bulkhead chopped out??

Too good to break? Mine was like that, no rust, tax test, etc... 100% recycled... mechanics and wiring into a kit car, shell rebuilt for stock car racing.

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

paul the 6th

posted on 27/2/09 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
i've already been on the fsoc forums lol

it really does seem too good to chop - it only has a tiny bit of rust around the rear arches and the affore mentioned burn (which you can see near the top of the handbrake in the 2nd pic)... The missus has remarked how I've been showing the serra more attention than her lol.

It's brilliant for a 17 year old car. Really fun to drive, even did my first rear wheel spin on the gravel carpark outside work

So, now the real work begins. Better get up extra early on saturday morning since I've been working away for the past 4 weeks and had no time to work on the car. Put a few hours in first thing on saturday, then taking the missus out all day sat. Then sneak off into the garage again on sunday morning

Really want to get the chassis done so I can pick it up as a single object, stick it in the garden while i work on other bits in the garage... Hey ho, happy days

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr Whippy

posted on 27/2/09 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

Too good to break? Mine was like that, no rust, tax test, etc... 100% recycled... mechanics and wiring into a kit car, shell rebuilt for stock car racing.

Steve

not that I mind, I only liked the cortina

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paul the 6th

posted on 27/2/09 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Any chance of the tunnel, floor and bulkhead chopped out??

Steve

I'll see what I can do for you matey no one else has dibbs'ed anything yet, so it's all yours if it can be salvaged neatly enough for your needs

--------

coozer

posted on 27/2/09 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
I'm after the tunnel to weld into a Saxo....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Mr Whippy

posted on 27/2/09 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
tbh if I were you I'd just keep it intact and look after it as it can only appreciate in value just as all the older Fords have, look at a clean cortina, damn things are at least £4000 now wish I'd kept mine

wish I could afford another one

you can build a 7 just from odd parts rather than one complete car

just a thought

[Edited on 27/2/09 by Mr Whippy]

paul the 6th

posted on 27/2/09 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
to be honest I really wanted a complete donor so I can guarantee that the engine fits the gearbox, and all those silly little bits which are hard to replace/fabricate if they're not with the donor parts etc. are all there with the car....

Just looking into selling the reg mark and the implications for registerring the completed kitcar & getting an age related plate if the donor isn't registerere etc?

Any advice? Cheers guys

--------

Maradona

posted on 27/2/09 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
mind to join the Sierra's owners club and post pic's of you cutting it up with a still saw

Jaaaaaajaaa, wanderfull!!!make me burst out laughing!!!, I would like to see the face of the sierra owners guys, looking those pics of you dressed like paul simons (Kiss singer) cuting the car on pieces with a still saw......
I cut my fiat 125 donnor like a woodcutter, with a big axe.

Diego,
The locost builder from Argentina

Ketchup

posted on 27/2/09 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Any pictures of that Diego?
Maradona

posted on 27/2/09 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ketchup
Any pictures of that Diego?

I dont have pics of the crime, only from my donnor in one piece, in my photo archive are some pics of the old fiat donnor.

Diego,
The locost builder from Argentina

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.