Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The joy of kit cars
NeilP

posted on 1/3/09 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
The joy of kit cars

Been out for a little blat - Scared a few folk and been a bit of a hooligan but I couldn't help it your honour, there was a strange yellow ball in the sky that made me do it!

Washed her down and polished a few bits

Started making a racket on the way home in the key of loose fan belt

Bottom bolt holding alternator in place had sheared off and it's all a bit wobbly

Should've checked things over when the water pump pulley came loose before xmas (forgot to use locktite on the bolts) as I reckon the vibration started it off

which leads to...

I'll be making up that better bracket for the alternator and playing in the garage for a bit

Or am I just mad?...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

BenB

posted on 1/3/09 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Nice day for it!!
Went for a little drive to check my new radiator hose set-up was working (gave up trying to get 28mm hose connectors so bought some 28mm copper pipe and olives and soldered them on). Silicon hose slipped over the 30mm OD olive like a treat and not a drop of water lost

Ended up blatting to Watford up the M1. Then did some wigglies on the way back...... I really must get the wheels balanced, I get a nasty vibration at a couple of mph over 70mph (ahem). I'm hoping it's the wheels needing re-balancing rather than the prop needing balancing (should have been done when it was chopped).....

Washing? What's that? I'm going for the serious rat look in my motor!!!

coozer

posted on 1/3/09 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Was out yesterday and had a cheeky 205GTi nip past me.. following him I could hear he was twatting the engine and let him think he was quicker than me even though I was just sitting there laughing

Ooo still fancy having a heater .....

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Danozeman

posted on 1/3/09 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
I was out yesterday.

Scared a learner as i was fed up being stuck behind it. Dropped a couple of gears and went past him flat out.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.