Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F20C Engine - Is the dash required ... ?
clutch_kick

posted on 9/3/09 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
F20C Engine - Is the dash required ... ?

As the title says. Do I need the OEM Dash display to run the engine on a stock ECU, with stock ignition barrel and keys (for imobiliser)?

Thanks

PAUL FISHER

posted on 9/3/09 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
It might be worth sending a U2U to Chris Mason on here,he used the S2000 engine in his Indy,but my understanding of them,I believe most people fit a aftermarket ECU such as the Hondata Kpro,to bypass the imobiliser and all the other sensors to the ECU,it also makes tuning simple,you can bring the vtec in sooner etc.
rickys2000

posted on 9/3/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
It makes life an awful lot easier to run the stock dash with the stock ECU. Do you intend to use the stock loom as well or get a modified one made up.
We have gone down the route of using the EFI Technology Euro 1 ECU and Koso dash and a bespoke loom, that after a bit of messing around with the stock F20C crank and cam pulse wheels have got a solution that looks so far pretty good

clutch_kick

posted on 9/3/09 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
I want to use the Stock ECU and the Racetechnology Dash2 display. I need the stock ECU to have all the emissions bits running properly to get it through our 'SVA'. Once I get used to the car and it's power, then i'll go down the AEM route.

So yeah I'll be using the Stock loom, and the engine I might be getting has got the keys and the stock ignition barrel on.

pwl

posted on 9/3/09 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
If you don’t have the S2000 service manual, go to www.hondahookup.com, register as a user and download the service manual. You can see the gauge diagram on page 900-906, you will se that it properly is possible, but if you are using the stock wire harness it is going to be very hard.

There is a local guy here that is selling a S2000 gauge, he is selling it for circa 135 euro.

PWL

clutch_kick

posted on 10/3/09 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks pwl. Yes I have the service manual for the S2000. I just wanted to know if the ECU would have any issues without the dash connected.
mr henderson

posted on 10/3/09 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clutch_kick
Thanks pwl. Yes I have the service manual for the S2000. I just wanted to know if the ECU would have any issues without the dash connected.

My guess is yes, it would. I have no information specific to the Honda, but have looked at other car and bike scenarios. In most cases, if you want to use the standard ecu then you will struggle if you don't use the standard dash (and maybe even if you do).

John

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.