Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: No spark!!
Sporty

posted on 20/3/09 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
No spark!!

Having got the engine ready to run I have gone for a start. Zetec, coil pack, EDIS and MJ. For a start I have disconnected the MJ.

Whilst the engine is turning over fine i am getting no spark at the plugs. I have 12v feed on the Edis and on the coil pack.

Any ideas how I can check that I am getting pulses from the VR sensor and from the edis to the coil pack so that I can sort out whats wrong.

Any help appreciated.

Ian

Paul TigerB6

posted on 20/3/09 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
try swapping the wires over to the VR sensor - it only works one way around and worked for me.

Jenko

posted on 20/3/09 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Measure the AC voltage across the VR sensor - You can do this from the EDIS connector.....I cant remember what the voltage should be (I think around 3v), but you can check this on the MJ site / instructions.....

Check also that you see 12v on the CENTRE pin of the coilpack connector, and you are grounding the spark plug to look for the spark.......

The EDIS simply send a signal to MJ (I think PIP), and then received a signal corrected for advance.....Ideally a scope on the return should tell you.

However, you can also look at the software....If the VR is working, you should see it registering the cranking rpm on the laptop. That will tell you if MJ, VR, EDIS is working......

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.