Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx10 mnr first good drive today
jambo

posted on 28/3/09 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
zx10 mnr first good drive today

cold but very good day today as i got my first real go in my 09 plate car.
thanks to chris,marc and all those at mnr for what seems to be a very good ride.
the car feels insane when you put the foot down and i have already seen the shift light twice woo hoo.awesome.
i am strugling to get a map for the engine as i cant find any rolling roads local with experience in bec's to set it up(glasgow area)i am thinking of a trip south to rolling road it just to make sure it gets the correct fueling/air mix.
any recomendations of my nearest?

Dangle_kt

posted on 28/3/09 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
great news! Fancy writing a bit more detail on how you found it?

I only ask, as this place focuses so much on the building, but not so much on the reward at the end.

With all these cars passing I feel a bit disapointed that there havn't been threads upon threads of people waxing lyrical about the experience.

only asking

[Edited on 28/3/09 by Dangle_kt]

bobs bangers

posted on 28/3/09 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Jambo. I had my first good drive today too !! In my zx10r mnr. I drove it back from daytuner 01423 523323. It drives absolutely spot on having been mapped and dyno'd. I drove it for just under an hour and a half on mainly a roads and a little bit of dual carriageway. The car was torquey and certainly powerful. It (or ) I felt a little susceptible to the wind but otherwise very good. Marc had done a great job setting suspension etc. The car felt great in general. It would be well worth the visit to Daytuner but I have included the number above as Damien may be able to help over the phone with some pointers.

Good luck and enjoy the Mnr.

Regards

Robert

bobs bangers

posted on 28/3/09 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Dangle

I dont want to hijack jambo's thread but from my own experience. It was honestly a little intimidating. Not the best weather. High winds . Wrapped up like an arctic explorer. Driving through Knaresborough was hard work !! Hesitant town drivers made it awkward. I got stuck behind a Nissan Micra that stalled 3 times at a roundabout in front of me , I thought I was supposed to be the staller ! Next came the open road and effortless acceleration...Yee Haaa. 30 mins into the drive I felt more connected with the car. Mnr have done a superb job at setting the suspension etc so the steering felt crisp and positive. Turning into the corners I could really feal the back end grip as I applied the power. Easy does it with cold damp roads but not a twitch as I pushed it a bit harder. The only complaint came from my girlfriend who said she thought I should brake more. She was following me ....some of the way. I think the real buzz will come at 4pm on a glorious sunny day when I jump in it and blow the cobwebs away. Fora first drive in not ideal conditions it was still a great experience. Just going to get up early tomorrow and polish it !!!

Regards

Robert

Agriv8

posted on 28/3/09 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
JAmbo,

What map are you running in the Power comander ? are you still on the SVA map ?

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Dangle_kt

posted on 28/3/09 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
thanks bob, I enjoyed reading that.

quote:
Originally posted by bobs bangers
Dangle

I dont want to hijack jambo's thread but from my own experience. It was honestly a little intimidating. Not the best weather. High winds . Wrapped up like an arctic explorer. Driving through Knaresborough was hard work !! Hesitant town drivers made it awkward. I got stuck behind a Nissan Micra that stalled 3 times at a roundabout in front of me , I thought I was supposed to be the staller ! Next came the open road and effortless acceleration...Yee Haaa. 30 mins into the drive I felt more connected with the car. Mnr have done a superb job at setting the suspension etc so the steering felt crisp and positive. Turning into the corners I could really feal the back end grip as I applied the power. Easy does it with cold damp roads but not a twitch as I pushed it a bit harder. The only complaint came from my girlfriend who said she thought I should brake more. She was following me ....some of the way. I think the real buzz will come at 4pm on a glorious sunny day when I jump in it and blow the cobwebs away. Fora first drive in not ideal conditions it was still a great experience. Just going to get up early tomorrow and polish it !!!

Regards

Robert

jambo

posted on 29/3/09 at 12:46 AM Reply With Quote
HI IAIN
i am running a map from there website
i chose map 006,it is listed as a race exhaust and thought it might be best as i am guessing it will be more of a free flow exhaust.
i have tried asking for a map from the lads on here with a zx10 fitted with no luck.
also i only found 2 rolling roads up here but they were not to helpfull as they had no experience with power commander or bec's.
i am more woried about damage than performance and towing it to england is a bit of an ask.

Agriv8

posted on 29/3/09 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
running the zx10 from the website is DEFINATLY better than runnibg SVA map.

I dont think you will do any damage running the map of the site but no bec expert.

You need to find a rolling road might be worth having an ask around motor clubs are there any power comander dealer's up there that you could ask ?

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.