Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Steering wheel
Tinks1

posted on 31/3/09 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Steering wheel

Has anybody on here SVA'd a Mountney Steering Wheel on a standard Sierra column and passed..?
idl1975

posted on 31/3/09 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tinks1
Has anybody on here SVA'd a Mountney Steering Wheel on a standard Sierra column and passed..?

My car has a Sierra column and a mountney wheel. I didn't build it but I suspect it was the SVA wheel.

omega0684

posted on 31/3/09 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
you can have a Mountney wheel on for SVA as long as you cover the centre and bare metal arms that come out fromt he centre of the wheel with an SVA pad.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pewe

posted on 31/3/09 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Mine passed OK like that as I had made up an ali plate with ears on it then glued about 8 layers of exercise mat on top of it before covering in vinyl. The ears then bend around the spokes to make it a "permanent" pad. That passes on the grounds there is " a degree of protection ...by absorbing driver/wheel impact" and providing there is a deformable/dismountable section betweewn the rack and the steering wheel.
HTH. Cheers, Pewe

PS have a pattern for the ali plate somewhere. If you U2U me yr email I'll send over dimensions.

[Edited on 31/3/09 by pewe]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.