Poll: POLL: Covering car outside at shows? [View Results]
Yes I cover mine overnight.
No I let the rain fill it up during the night

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: POLL: Covering car outside at shows?
coozer

posted on 20/4/09 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
POLL: Covering car outside at shows?

Going to Stoneleigh this year I'm wondering about covering the car while I get lashed and crash in the tent.

Who recommends covering it to keep the weather out and can anyone recommend where to get a suitable one (cheaply) before the show.

I have a really flimsy thing that keeps the dust off in the garage but looking for some thing that A) won't be too noisy in the wind and B) blow away at the first gust of wind

[Edited on 20/4/09 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

smart51

posted on 20/4/09 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
I'm only a day visitor but I cover it if the weather looks damp.
Mr Whippy

posted on 20/4/09 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
cover it or you'll wake up to either someone sleeping in it or a nice hot pool of sick

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 20/4/09 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
drill a hole in the floor. jobs a good 'un

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

tegwin

posted on 20/4/09 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Argos do car covers..... or cheap gazebos..... drop the legs on the gazebo so the roof is lower at night... peg it down!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

matt_claydon

posted on 20/4/09 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
A small tarp that just covers the cockpit area and some bungees works well and you can easily keep it behind the seat all the time.
02GF74

posted on 20/4/09 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
a samll tarp would do it - poundland did sell someting about the right size.

you need to give a bit of thought how you attach it as rain may collect in it and given enough weight, will tip it inside the car - not need to know how I know that.

nick205

posted on 20/4/09 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
a samll tarp would do it - poundland did sell someting about the right size.

you need to give a bit of thought how you attach it as rain may collect in it and given enough weight, will tip it inside the car - not need to know how I know that.

Stick an open large golf umbrella underneath the tarp to give it some tenting.

On the other hand my brother-in-laws family camping tent is big enough to park a 7 in and sleep next to it

dhutch

posted on 20/4/09 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Im not sure im going to be able to stop over the night, but if do i will proberbly endevor to bring something to over it if only what i can lay my hands on just incase it does lash it down.
- I do have a tonneu cover, but with the new highback seats it doesnt fit anymore and im yet to get it altered.

Daniel

blakep82

posted on 20/4/09 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
when the truck's done, i plan on a small tarp to cover the cab, with bungee cords on the wheels to hold it down. no side windows you see. or probably a windscreen...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

DIY Si

posted on 20/4/09 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
I use a full car size trap for mine. Just unroll it over the car, stick the back edges under the wheels and then roll it backwards a wee bit. That traps the back in place, then a bit of rope goes round the nose cone to keep the front in place. If it's really windy, you can use another bit of rope over the cockpit area. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing option though.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

caber

posted on 20/4/09 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Lidl have reasonable cheap car covers, small size and a few bungees and you should be ok at Locost money

Caber

b4ldd

posted on 20/4/09 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Have a full tonaue made (Milson made me one for a very good price
austin man

posted on 20/4/09 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Large fishunf umbrella they come with ground prgs too and will cover a seven cockpit easily

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Hellfire

posted on 20/4/09 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Get a bigger tent and stick the cockpit of the car inside, with the front poking out We have a Khyam Dome Tent which is ideal for this.

Phil

coozer

posted on 20/4/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps, got a Lidl cover I use in the garage. Bit flimsy though the back wheel trick sounds good.

And, do they let you camp next to the cars? Thought that was against H&S regs these days.

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.