Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Paddling pool heater
DarrenW

posted on 5/5/09 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Paddling pool heater

Dont laugh

Daughter is having 7th birthday on sunday. Decided she wants a paddling pool party. I can borrow a gazebo to put on back of house to make a cover for the pool. Problem now is to work out how to make the water warm enough so they dont all catch pneumonia.

In last house id just fasten hose pipe to sink tap and fill it with warm water (from combi boiler). This house has std boiler and i doubt hot water tank is big enough to take the chill off a pool full of cold water. I did think of emptying the tank into the pool then let the immersion heater heat second tank full, do you reckon this idea will work (i never use immersion heaters so dont know how fast they heat up)? Pool isnt too large - approx 7' long x 3' wide and 12" to 18" deep ish.

Buying a heater seems to be a waste, will probs only be used once or twice and cost about £80 (and probs wont arrive in time).

How do you fill yours with warm water?

graememk

posted on 5/5/09 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
welding torch

UncleFista

posted on 5/5/09 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Locost !

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

DarrenW

posted on 5/5/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
2 rather fantastic ideas , however i have a feeling the party will be a little light on attendees when the parents see what ive rigged up. Looks like ill be taking the water tank apart to rip out the immersion heater, or should i buy a new one? Knowing my luck it will melt its way through he sides

Hopefully a tank full of hot water chucked in via buckets will work.

Richard Quinn

posted on 5/5/09 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Ask all the kids to bring a bucket of hot water with them!
Dunno why my kids don't seem to have many friends any more!

graememk

posted on 5/5/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
ok small decorating / painting bucket of around 3 lts, drill hole in the bottom, place eliment in the bottom facing down into the water, wire up eliment and place on lid using silocone sealer, warm up the pool before guest arrive.

you will need to start the heating quite a few hours before they arrive.

DarrenW

posted on 5/5/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
ok small decorating / painting bucket of around 3 lts, drill hole in the bottom, place eliment in the bottom facing down into the water, wire up eliment and place on lid using silocone sealer, warm up the pool before guest arrive.

you will need to start the heating quite a few hours before they arrive.

Do you mean basically use the bucket as a holder for the immersion heater?

DarrenW

posted on 5/5/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Just in case there are any parents reading this whose kids may be coming to the party - ive probs decided that pneumonia is preferential to boiling / frying or electrocuting the kids!! Ill be just taking the chill off with warm water and making sure that the gazebo is safely warmed up.

iank

posted on 5/5/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be tempted to just empty 4-5 kettles worth of boiling water into the pool before the kids get in, check temp with elbow babies bath stylee.

Fan heater or hired space heater for air temp.

Airing cupboard full of warm towels for when they get out.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

graememk

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
yes use the bucket as a means to make the element float, then suspend the cable from the gazebo roof so it dosnt get wet, remove before anyone arrives.

you will need more than a few kettles full of hot water to make any differance.

rusty nuts

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Solar power?
DarrenW

posted on 5/5/09 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Im thinking of feeding them beans and sausages too - nice little jacuzzi. Or is that spoiling them?
Does anyone else understand why kids parties have to be so organised etc these days. Im sure when i was a kid it was a few friends round for sausage rolls and pass the parcel. Nowadays it has to be a full on party with party packs to take home. In a few weeks she is going to a sparkle party where someone comes to the house and does their nails, hairs, make-up etc - and they are only 7 yrs old!!!! Next year we will have to do mobile phone parties.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.