Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT Corsa Tintop Bogging Down
paulbeyer

posted on 16/5/09 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
OT Corsa Tintop Bogging Down

My Son has a MY2000 Corsa B 1.0L X10XE Isuzu 3 cylinder engine that is bogging down under acceleration. We have fitted a new MAF sensor, Idle control stepper motor and throttle position switch but it is still playing up.
Does anyone have experience with this type of engine and have any idea what could be causing the problem?

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

Z20let Corsa

posted on 16/5/09 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
you sure its not just the size of the engine just joking. is it just on the bottom end power its bogging or top end or all the way through??? ive worked a lot with all sizes of engine in the corsa so may be able to help.
Peteff

posted on 16/5/09 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Whenever my daughter's Corsa acted up it was always the EGR valve. I took it out and cleaned it with brake cleaner and it was fine till it stuck again.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

mistergrumpy

posted on 16/5/09 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've had the EGR problem on my dads Corsa which is a diesel and cleaning it worked wonders. The other thing which I believe is common across the model and also on the Alfa i used to have was the air flow meter. The plastic thing that has a plug off it and sits in the air intake.

JoelP

posted on 16/5/09 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
mine keeps on doing that, i had put it down to spark plugs. Might have to check the EGR valve!

Er, what is it anyway?

clairetoo

posted on 16/5/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
My `93 1.4 has been doing that off and on for about a year and a half.........
I might have a look at it...........but then again , I might not

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

mediabloke

posted on 16/5/09 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Whenever my daughter's Corsa acted up it was always the EGR valve. I took it out and cleaned it with brake cleaner and it was fine till it stuck again.

^^^What he said. Slightly OT, but it's also a stock fault on the previous Ford Ka 1.3. £3 worth of brake cleaner's far better than £££'s worth of a dealer's time! ;-)

paulbeyer

posted on 16/5/09 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
It bogs down as soon as you try and accelerate normally. If you are really gentle with the loud pedal it will build up revs gradually but has a serious lack of power (yeah I know it's only 1 litre). Will try cleaning out the EDR tomorrow and see if that helps.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

paulbeyer

posted on 16/5/09 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
It bogs down as soon as you try and accelerate normally. If you are really gentle with the loud pedal it will build up revs gradually but has a serious lack of power (yeah I know it's only 1 litre). Will try cleaning out the EGR tomorrow and see if that helps.

mediabloke

posted on 16/5/09 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry - second thought (got a bit confused for a mo). Is there an idle control valve on the 1.0l Corsa?

It was the ICV on the Ka (not the EGR valve) and happened particularly after a motorway run: dip the clutch, revs rise; press the loud pedal, the revs drop and the engine stalls. Sound familiar?

Removed the ICV, sprayed it with brake cleaner - all good.

Peteff

posted on 16/5/09 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
mine keeps on doing that, i had put it down to spark plugs. Might have to check the EGR valve!

Er, what is it anyway?

It's the thing on top of the inlet manifold held on with two torx screws. It opens up and allows exhaust gas to be recirculated cleaning it up but when it sticks open the car runs weak and will not pull or is reluctant to start and tick over.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

paulbeyer

posted on 17/5/09 at 12:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mediabloke
Sorry - second thought (got a bit confused for a mo). Is there an idle control valve on the 1.0l Corsa?

It was the ICV on the Ka (not the EGR valve) and happened particularly after a motorway run: dip the clutch, revs rise; press the loud pedal, the revs drop and the engine stalls. Sound familiar?

Removed the ICV, sprayed it with brake cleaner - all good.

Yup, put a brand new one on this morning - It didn't help.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.