Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: double angles?? any tips???
Z20let Corsa

posted on 19/5/09 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
double angles?? any tips???

well. on the la, lb, lc, ld tubes on the double angles i just dround them in with a bench grinder till they fitted. i am now at the stage to fit the rear tubes for the front wishbones (cant remember the references.) Are there any easy ways of cutting them right or am i best just grinding bit by bit till its right?? thanks. John.
James

posted on 19/5/09 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
For producing the 'L' assembly I would recommend cutting each face of the tube. That was how I got it right on the 3rd attempt!

As for the 'FU' tubes, they aren't double angles!

Don't forget they should sit about 6mm in from the top outer chassis rail.

To be honest though, you're best fitting them when you're fitting the wishbone brackets! Use your bracket jig to set the FU tubes at the same time.
If you don't do it that way I practically garantee you'll be grinding them out again anyway!!!

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mark chandler

posted on 19/5/09 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Bit of card wrapped around a dummy short bit of tube, cut with sizzors until the shape is correct then transfer across to the correct one.

Just as easy to cut close and whittle away in reality.

Regards Mark

PaulBuz

posted on 24/5/09 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James

If you don't do it that way I practically garantee you'll be grinding them out again anyway!!!

HTH,
James

Spoken like a true locost builder!
Oh the memories

ATB
Paul

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.