Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 750MC Locost magazine feature
Keefyboy

posted on 29/5/09 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
750MC Locost magazine feature

Hi guys,

I was recommended to this site as I've got a Tiger Avon kit to build and I have to say, as a resource of information, it's very good. I'll keep you all posted as to how I get on once the build eventually gets under way.

Until then I thought you may be interested in the magazine I work for and the very relevant feature in the latest edition. We were lucky enough to get behind the wheel of four of the front running 2009 750MC Locost Championship. You can get a preview of the story via our website and while you're there you can also watch the onboard video footage we recorded from the day, too.

Track & Race Cars Magazine

Thanks and hi!

Keith

Richard Quinn

posted on 29/5/09 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
I do like that magazine and keep promising I'll subscribe but the only place locally that I've found to buy it on impulse is WH Smith at Manchester Airport which makes it an expensive option to but regularly without subscription.
Keefyboy

posted on 29/5/09 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Richard,

Taking a trip to the Airport isn't convenient at all! Being quite a niche title we do struggle with distribution and as a consequence our coverage isn't as good as we'd like. However to combat this we have started to sell direct from our website for the same cost of the magazine (£3.99, free delivery). If you don't mind waiting a few days for delivery it might be a good alternative to looking for a copy?

Keith

[Edited on 29/5/09 by Keefyboy]

Jon Ison

posted on 29/5/09 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
How about a locostbuilders special discount offer on the mag ?

You don't get if you don't ask, 15/20 of us maybe subscribe, group discount.

You will find enough interesting & diverse cars (and owner/builders) on here to keep you in content for years to come.

Welcome btw.

Richard Quinn

posted on 29/5/09 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
That can't be a bad thing. The more copies out there, the more the word is spread and the more additional copies are sold. My mate who races cars and runs a part-time business building race cars had never heard of it until I showed him a copy.
Keefyboy

posted on 29/5/09 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jon,

Sounds fair enough to me - I'll get something in motion and drop in an update on here once it's live.

I'd certainly like to do a LocostBuilders.co.uk group test, especially after spending time with the race cars recently.

Keith

Jon Ison

posted on 29/5/09 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Keith, there are some mental road and track cars on here.............

something else you will find on here a wealth of shared interest, offers of help and a pretty healthy social meeting scene, both pub car parks, manufacturers premiss's and track.........

Keefyboy

posted on 29/5/09 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
I've setup a special page for LocostBuilders.co.uk to receive the mag for far less than the regular special offer price we have advertised online.

Take a look and if the price is right, "come on down" (sorry…).

Special Offer

pumpers

posted on 29/5/09 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've just signed up Keefy, Can you make sure I get this month's edition as I race a locost but wasn't at Brands for the feature.

Tx
Craig Turner

200mph

posted on 29/5/09 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
I signed up too - looks like a good mag!

Mark

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is

Keefyboy

posted on 29/5/09 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the support guys.

I'll make sure the sub starts with latest edition - I'll get this issue (with the Locosts) sent from the office next week.

Keith

procomp

posted on 29/5/09 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

It was quite a good article on the Locost race cars. Mind i am a bit biased being as one of ours was featured.

Keefyboy whats the chances of getting one of your racing staff into one of the cars at Silverstone on Aug 22nd 23rd. This is when the Locost championship is celebrating it's 10th anniversary And also the 750Mc 70th anniversary . It could also be a good opportunity to get a hole load of locost's Inc road cars together for a big bash. There is already provision for a parade lap or two during the weekend for race and road cars.

There is soon to be a more informative press release from the 750Mc. Would be good to have a pro driver or two racing one or two of the locosts.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Keefyboy

posted on 2/6/09 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Matt,

I'll drop you an email about the race at Silverstone - obviously I'm very interesting, particularly as I can probably plan it so I'll be racing head-to-head against John

Keith

procomp

posted on 3/6/09 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

If you drop me the mail i can drop you a mail for our leader / Drivers rep who should have more of an idea as to who and what is happening over the weekend.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.