Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cat d car
Thinking about it

posted on 29/5/09 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
cat d car

What is the procedure for putting a cat d car back on the road? It still has mot.
Danozeman

posted on 29/5/09 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Just Re apply for V5. The other catagories need a vic check. Cat d will show on the V5.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

geoffxt

posted on 29/5/09 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
I wrote off an MGF in 2005. I believe it was category D. Not noted on log book. I bought it back from the insurers when they had paid me the guaranteed value. had it put on a jig and straightened, fitted new panels lights etc. where appropriate and got an engineers report confirming ok. Resprayed and had it mot'd and insured it again with the same company. Still running it whilst I'm building a Luego velocity.
Brook_lands

posted on 29/5/09 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
My current tintop is a Cat D - nothing on the V5. Bought cheap, but as I have no plan to sell as I run my cars into the ground and then scrap them it doesn't bother me.
FEZ1025

posted on 29/5/09 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
I had a Fireblade incorrectly recorded as a Cat D, Swansea made a mistake on entering it on the database. My registration was R86 *** the one that was actually written off was R88 *** I went for a MOT just after the new computerised system came in, on the top of the sheets printed off by the tester it said something like "Subject to Severe Mechanical damage" or words to that effect, tester had never seen it before. It took 8 months to get it sorted & many letters & phonecalls

Alan...

A1

posted on 30/5/09 at 01:58 AM Reply With Quote
as long as you have the v5, and all your numbers are okay, nothing at all, just drive it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.