Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Notts Dvla this morning
PaulBuz

posted on 1/6/09 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Notts Dvla this morning

Went to notts this morning to give in my paper work & pay up.
On arrival I had to park on the road outside ( car park full).
Now just so you all know, in my time i've queued for 3 hours to get on a new ride at alton towers, but as soon as I walked up to the office I knew I was in trouble.
People were queuing out side of the building with some people sitting around on the floor!
I managed to get passed them all to take a ticket from the machine, then just walked straight out again when I saw the situation inside .
It was RAMMED!!
I will camp outside early morning another day.
The thing that really worries me is that there is no way I could drive a transit van & trailer into that car park.
But they don't do home visits do they?

ATB
Paul

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 1/6/09 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to new tax disc day!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

joemotion

posted on 1/6/09 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
I sent all my registration stuff off to notts last week hope it dosent take too long!
Flamez

posted on 1/6/09 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulBuz
Went to notts this morning to give in my paper work & pay up.
On arrival I had to park on the road outside ( car park full).
Now just so you all know, in my time i've queued for 3 hours to get on a new ride at alton towers, but as soon as I walked up to the office I knew I was in trouble.
People were queuing out side of the building with some people sitting around on the floor!
I managed to get passed them all to take a ticket from the machine, then just walked straight out again when I saw the situation inside .
It was RAMMED!!
I will camp outside early morning another day.
The thing that really worries me is that there is no way I could drive a transit van & trailer into that car park.
But they don't do home visits do they?

The inspector came to my home address as he was doing another job in the area.

When you take your paperwork in and pay ask to see him to make the appointment etc.

my build mac1motorsports

PaulBuz

posted on 1/6/09 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec
Welcome to new tax disc day!

DOHH!
In hindsight, maybe today was'nt the best day to have gone

ATB
Paul

Pdlewis

posted on 1/6/09 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
They are crap at notts for parking they made my brother drive arround the island with the van/trailer while I waited an hour in the queue and that wasnt the 1st!! When you are in the office press the Import button not general as general havnt got a clue about registration

and and they WILL ticket/tow/clamp you there

Build Photo Album

Updated 05/02/2009

FEZ1025

posted on 1/6/09 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pdlewis
When you are in the office press the Import button not general as general havnt got a clue about registration

This bit is REALLY important, I went in on the 1st Monday in the month, the place was heaving but only waited 5 minutes to see the guy, well I would have if I had heard the number called above the din, in the end it was about 45 minutes as I asked why I had been jumped over on numbers & then went straight to the front of the queue, he was very knowledgeable & I got my appointment the week after.

Parking is abysmal & you have to put the car in a specific place or they can't/won't inspect it., which if you have the car on a trailer I'm not sure you could get to it, or at least if you got in not sure you'd get back out.. As you come off the roundabout, you turn left into the staff car park, down to the end & turn right & it's in front of a garage at the end. You could drive straight in, but then trying to reverse out between their parked cars will be fun. I had mine on an solid A-frame so could force the buggies front end round by scrubbing the front tyres it's so light. But I thought Notts DVLA did a brilliant job for me, compared with Sheffield & leeds who I have also used.

Alan...

blakep82

posted on 1/6/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
i think, with regards to parking, it isn't their sole job to inspect kit cars. i'd be surprised if they get one a day.

not ideal for you though...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Vindi_andy

posted on 2/6/09 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
I can honestly say its very difficult to reverse out again as I had to do it with transit and trailer been a while since I had to reverse a trailer but I managed it.

I saw a very nice lady called hayley plus the car got videod for the civil service website so Tango is famous Didnt have to take the car off the trailer which surprised me but just managed to get into the bay

Barksavon

posted on 3/6/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Notts DVLA

Took my Avon to Notts DVLA on a trailer today for inspection. Parked on the double yellows at first until a chap told us he got a ticket last week for doing same. Pulled into left side of car park then turned right just before barrier to staff car park,so only blocked about 8 parking spaces up!! Inspect took less than 5 mins and managed to get out ok, just waiting for DVLA to pick fault with my forms now....supposed to process within 24hrs but will wait and see
foes

posted on 4/6/09 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
I went to the notts dvla today to hand in the paperwork. Got there around 10am ish and there were a few spaces in the car park! Pressed the ticket for imports, was seen within a couple of minutes, sorted paperwork out, paid up and booked the appointment for next tuesday all within about 15 mins, wow

I was expecting a right wait as on my previous attempt, when i walked out, i couldn't even park on the road let alone in the car park and the wait time was somewhere around 1 and 1/2 hours! This was around the end of march tho so i assume everyone was wanting to tax/register new vehicles.
The tip about pressing the ticket for imports was perfect tho thanks...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.