Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dash help
Stuart_B

posted on 2/6/09 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
dash help

hi all, well i am making a new dash for the indy, it is be made the same, bit of plywood, foam and black vinly, but with a koso dash, more savage buttons and oil pressure gauge.

but should i try and make a dash what goes right to the top of the bubble, or keep to the same what i have all ready got?

opinons please.
bubble screen fitted 1
bubble screen fitted 1

thanks

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

jeffw

posted on 2/6/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Same shape as now.....would look odd all the way to the top of the aeroscreen
Cheffy

posted on 2/6/09 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Stuart,

Down to personal choice I guess but for me I would definately stick with similar to what you already have. I think it would look too bulky and just wrong to the top of the aero screen.

Mart.

PS Beaten to it by jeffw!

[Edited on 2/6/09 by Cheffy]

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark G

posted on 2/6/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with the new dash build. What koso are you going for and what engine do you have? There are some incompatabilities. For example I have an 893 blade engine and a koso rx1n and they don't like each other much.

Stuart_B

posted on 2/6/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
i have a pinto. the koso XR-SR one.

jacko

posted on 2/6/09 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi this is how i made mine
Jacko
[img][/img]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stuart_B

posted on 2/6/09 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
how have you done that jakco, is taht so you do not underside of the aero screen?

Humbug

posted on 2/6/09 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
I was going to say... it wouldn't come to the top of the aeroscreen, assuming the screen overlaps the cabin a bit. I think Jacko's dash looks quite neat like that - if you make a one piece dash it would give a smooth finish right the way up to the screen.

You could make the basic dash big enough to fill the gap then put it in place to see how it looks. If you don't like it you can then cut it down.

jacko

posted on 2/6/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart_B
how have you done that jakco, is that so you do not underside of the aero screen?

Hi the filler bit that goes up under the aero screen is 14g alloy covered in leatherette and trapped behind the original dash it stops the screen flexing too
Jacko

vinnievector

posted on 2/6/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
your dash

probably a good idea to move gear leaver back will give you more scope with your dash design vin.
However i had a prob with the separation on my indicators, i just noticed you have yours mounted on the end of your light bars. problem solved Cheers Stuart and you didn't need to type a thing .

[Edited on 2/6/09 by vinnievector]

Stuart_B

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
i have decide, to keep the same dash type, and jsut the new digital dash, oil pressure and 3 savage switch's

thanks for all the help.

stuart

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.