Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nissan 350z engine/trans
beagley

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Nissan 350z engine/trans

I found a salvaged 06 nissan 350z that runs and drives for $1,500. It was in a collision that damaged the rear of the car so I think the engine would be very useful.

Has anyone used the VQ35DE engine with it's transmission mate in a locost? It would be substantial at 300hp & 260 ft/lbs and cheap to boot, plus LOTS of room for improvement.

I'm not scared!!! I'm just marking my territory.

BenB

posted on 11/6/09 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
And it's RWD so the gearbox isn't a problem!! Nice!! Very nice. Wonder if you could use the diff as well....
Badger_McLetcher

posted on 11/6/09 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Nab it mate, you can always alter the chassis to fit the parts!
Not sure what size the engine is but a +442 should fit it since it can fit V8's.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

nib1980

posted on 12/6/09 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
be careful the ECU hasn't shutdown and locked the engine ina default mode from the crash.

also be careful as the 350 engines are neaerer to 270bhp on japanese fuel in america this could be lower.

you'll also find the gearbox is deceptivley large and may put the gearstick in an awkward place.

DarrenW

posted on 12/6/09 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote

For that money id say make it fit. Got to be worth it. No idea about ECU but that has never stopped a locoster before. I wonder if anyone on the internet has ever transplanted to other cars and fitted OMEX etc ECU's (as they do with S2000 installs). i dare say OMEX would be able to answer.

What a shame you may only see 250hp. How bad is that for the money Pobs very easily tuneable too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.