Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New F1 Teams
James

posted on 12/6/09 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
New F1 Teams

So, new teams list tomorrow.

3 spaces available- this is the list that have applied:
Prodrive, Campos Racing, Epsilon Euskadi, Lola, Superfund, USF1 and Team Lotus.

I reckon Prodrive, Lola and USF1 are the most credible entries. Prodrive and Lola both have the facilities and USF1's inclusion will help promote F1 in the US so more $$$$ for Bernie.

What do you think?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Steve G

posted on 12/6/09 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
I agree with your 3 additions - they are the only credible additions in my eyes. Would be great to see the Lotus name back but seeing as there could yet be legal action between Lotus Cars and Litespeed who bought the rights to the Team Lotus name supposedly (anyone want to explain this one??) - i cant see them getting an offer of entry.

[Edited on 12/6/09 by Steve G]

LBMEFM

posted on 12/6/09 at 05:44 AM Reply With Quote
Totally agree and for the same reasons you give, especially USF1. But putting the real world aside would'nt be great to see Team Lotus on the grid again. Barry
StevieB

posted on 12/6/09 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
Totally agree and for the same reasons you give, especially USF1. But putting the real world aside would'nt be great to see Team Lotus on the grid again. Barry

Only if they could bring back cigarette advertising and get JPS on board again...

aerosam

posted on 12/6/09 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
So have Ferrari replaced their toys in the cot and entered for next year? Or could there be more slots up for grabs?

Had enough of this dictatorship known as LCB. Gone elsewhere, not coming back. Kiss my ass ChrisW.

scootz

posted on 12/6/09 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
I got all excited when I saw the Team Lotus proposal... didn't reallise it wasn't the real 'Lotus' - just a group that had bought the rights to 'the name' back in the day!
James

posted on 12/6/09 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aerosam
So have Ferrari replaced their toys in the cot and entered for next year? Or could there be more slots up for grabs?

Well... all of FOTA (apart from those numpties Williams and Force India who signed up regardless) put in a conditional entry application for next year.
What I think will happen is a compromise of £100m budget next year and then in theory £40m for 2011 ongoing.

Whether they'll start arguing next year about the £40m cap is yet to be seen!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Project7

posted on 12/6/09 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
It will be interesting, I'm kinda hoping that the major teams form the breakaway series so Mosely and Ecclestone loss their strangle hold.

Also i dont really understand how the budget cap will work - Maybe all the teams will form two companies one side the F1 team and the other making extreme trackday cars. The F1 team keeping to its £40mil budget and the trackday cars spending £200mil and then engineers taking what they've learnt from trackday cars over to the F1 cars!

balidey

posted on 12/6/09 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
£40million? Thats not even half of a footballer

Its a shame that 'names' can be bought and sold like Lotus (and dare I say ERA from Tiger?) Its just brand marketing.

If in 20 years time you see that the Beatles have reformed and you see that none of the original line up is there, and they sing different songs, would you be happy?

OK let litespeed race, but for gods sake bloody well call yourselves litespeed. Whats so hard about that?

James

posted on 12/6/09 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hmmm.... well I was mostly wrong!

Campos Grand Prix, Manor and US F1 are the new teams.

Anyone know anything about them?

I'm really disappointed Prodrive didn't make it as they clearly have the expertise and they were going to race in 2011 as Aston Martin.

Ah well.

Atleast it gives Lewis 6 more cars to lap next season!

Cheers,
James

EDIT: And they're all using Cosworth engines.

[Edited on 12/6/09 by James]

Project7

posted on 12/6/09 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
I dont think Prodrive endeared themselves to Ecclestone, a couple of years ago when they got a place and then backed out because of the customer chassis mess!
David Jenkins

posted on 12/6/09 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
No, to Lola & Team Lotus, apparently.

Yes, to Cosworth engines for 3 teams.

greggors84

posted on 12/6/09 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Lewis who?!

I think he needs to concentrate on stopping cars lapping him before he can worry about overtaking anyone!

I think with these new regs and the budget caps any new teams have be best chance in a long time of keeping up with the bigger teams.

Nothing wrong with some new blood in F1 either. Apart from the engines all the teams are bringing something new to the sport.

All from a very biased opinion of course!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.