Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost rep feedback from Brands Hatch
pointy

posted on 22/6/09 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
Locost rep feedback from Brands Hatch

Another excellent days racing was had by the Locosters at a sunny Brands Hatch.
This was my first time round the famous Indy circuit and what a circuit it is with the Graham Hill bend a real hold your breath type corner.
Race 1 was won by Matt Cherrington in the Bio car which was thoroughly deserved, not just because this was Matts first ever win after many years of trying , but a real testament to the persistance and determination to make the Bio car a race winner...Well done TMC. 2nd place went to our current champ David Bartholomew. 3rd place went to Alistair Garratt again another very consistent racer scoring well at Brands again. Scott Mittell set a new lap record of 58.50.
Regular visiters to this site Procomp (matt) and Rob Palin had an unfortunate visit to the kitty litter at druids, while Gogs (mark gogle) let the internals of his engine breath easier by popping a rather large hole in the block (hope you can make cadwell mark!)
My race was not without incident when a last minute braking manoeuvre on the approach to Druids saw me tap the back of Vicky p, right where her towing eye is....straight through my brand new rad.....nice!!! Still no complaints it was my own fault and at least it gave me the excuse to give her a sorry cuddle afterwards.
Race 2 saw Dave Bartholomew make the podium again, this time in 3rd, with Scott Mittell as runner up keeping the pressure on the chase for the title, however today was really only about One driver,and Matt Cherrington in the Bio delivered for a second time in a finish split by 0.03 from 1st to 2nd with the top ten all finishing within 6.43 seconds!! You can see why Locost racing is the championship to come and watch.
We all now move onto Cadwell Park on 11 and 12 July.
On a personal note thanks for all the help from Jason, Ed, Rich D, Steve Hills, and ex locoster Gary Brandon for the getting me back out for race 2.

Take care all and I will see you in sunny Lincs.

Andy p

[Edited on 22/6/09 by pointy]

[Edited on 22/6/09 by pointy]

gogs

posted on 22/6/09 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
Good report Andy, i will try and get some photo's of the engine but after stripping it down yesterday the damage was pretty impressive.

With regard to the block, there is a hole big enough to put your hand through, no.4 piston has been completely chewed up, the rod itself is nowhere to be found so i presume that is what exited the side of the engine, the camshaft is in 3 pieces and the sump had 2 additional holes punched through it.
The head survived with minimal damage, 2 bent valves on no.3 and a bent pushrod.

Not sure about making Cadwell yet, will see.....

Mark #53

pointy

posted on 22/6/09 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Mark,

Sorry forgot to add you to the list of thank you for your assistance re:- alternator.

Cadwell Park currently has 39 entries!!

Andy

pumpers

posted on 22/6/09 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about your engine Mark, big time ouch!

Puts my clutch issues at Anglesey into perspective! Hope you make Cadwell, Just hit the Visa

With a bit of luck we will be getting heats and a final at Cadwell with that many entries.

Well done Matt. Hopefully I'll be in the same position one day . Bet you still can't stop grinning !

Nice report Andy, tx.

C u all at Cadwell.

Craig
no63.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.