Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Questions about potential Bike Carb Installation
trogdor

posted on 29/6/09 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Questions about potential Bike Carb Installation

Hi everyone,

So instead of fixing my audi 80's whining gearbox (still works fine) and fixing the fact that it drifts to the left I am considering putting bike carbs on it.

I have had a search but have been unable to find any info on using them on non-crossflow engines. The audi engine is a 1.8 Carb'd engine and the inlet is just above the exhaust.

There is a heat shield between the two, but I was wondering is there any problems with bike carbs being close to an exhaust? I could angle them away from it I guess.

Also I know I should get more power and hopefully better drive ability from fitting them. but will the MPG rise? I don't mind it staying the same (approx 35-40mpg) but I deffo don't want to take a hit in this area!

Finally what are they like to insure? I guess the insurance company will see these as a performance mod?

Here are the carbs in question som GSXR 600 SRAD carbs:

oh and my audi

blakep82

posted on 29/6/09 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
there's loads of info about putting them on non x flows!

basically, its all the same. never seen any info on putting one on a audi 80 engine, but if you can only find info on putting one on crossflow engines, its the same procedure

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.