Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Big thanks to Procomp
twybrow

posted on 5/7/09 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Big thanks to Procomp

I spent the day at Procomp yesterday, and I've got to say they were brilliant. Matt and Ivan clearly know there stuff, and have done an awesome job on my car. Thanks chaps, it was a pleasure.

I had a full 'race setup' session, which was basically an entire day (9:30-7:30pm) and inlcuded lunch and refreshments - brilliant!

They checked and setup pretty much everything:

Camber
Castor
Tracking
Ride height
Damper settings
Corner weights
Chassis alignment
Reax axle position/alignment
Tested all of my springs and dampers on their rigs (ensuring I actually know how many clicks even do anything)

Overall, I am thrilled. I feels like a different car. I can honestly say I can now go round corners 30% faster! Plus, as I am now not scrubbing tyres, I swear it goes faster as well!

Just for reference, my ST BEC, with 30l of fuel on board, and still running all of my SVA bits, came in at 474kg, which I was pleased with!

Anyone looking for a great setup, at a fantastic price, go to Procomp (if you can book them!).

main82000

posted on 5/7/09 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
hi there
what sort of price was you looking at for the whole day set up something im interseted in doin and willing to travel to get the best company

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_claydon

posted on 5/7/09 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like great service. What sort of money are we looking at for this treatment?
twybrow

posted on 5/7/09 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
This is the best part - £200!!!

The coffee and sandwiches alone must have been most of that....!

omega0684

posted on 5/7/09 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
donations made payable to my paypal account so i can get mine done are more than welcome, u2u me and i'll send you the e-mail address
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prawnabie

posted on 5/7/09 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Dont you need to go to the ship builders to get yours done alex?
bjw970s

posted on 5/7/09 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Ivan and Mat are superb, they have set up my car twice now and The improvements have been very very noticeable.

Quality work that has improved my lap times

As someone else once said 'LOCOST my Ar**

omega0684

posted on 5/7/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
Dont you need to go to the ship builders to get yours done alex?

i heard yours needs a dry dock!

hobbsy

posted on 5/7/09 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bjw970s
Ivan and Mat are superb, they have set up my car twice now and The improvements have been very very noticeable.

Quality work that has improved my lap times

Ditto what he said ^^^

Sound chaps who know their stuff and very reasonably priced.

Also did some much needed chassis strengthening for me at pretty much zero notice.

Can't fault them.

Richard Quinn

posted on 5/7/09 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to see Procomp getting a mention without an argument breaking out! I've been in and around motorsport most of my adult life and can assure you that you don't often encounter people like Matt and Ivan who will give the amount of free advice as they do. Occasionally it might not be what you want to hear but they are usually right! More people on here should listen to what they have to say.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.