Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Biker gets 12 months for speeding
Ninehigh

posted on 19/7/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
Has everyone defending this sentence never been over the speed limit ? If you say yes, I don't believe you.

Was he guilty - Yes
Should he be punished - Definately
Should he go to prison for 1 year - don't be so bl**dy stupid !!

The police officer was doing was doing 139mph NOT the rider - totally legitimate for the police to do so, but the FACTS should be reported not headline grabbing figures.

Ok first off I have done 128mph on the motorway, and it would have been faster but that was as fast as the car would go
In my defence however the motorway was deserted and I saw one wagon for the entire stretch.

If you're gonna get prison for driving like a tit then we'd better clear an area the size of scotland to house all the new prisoners..

Finally facts don't sell newspapers, BS does

scootz

posted on 19/7/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure that pic with the 'merged' VW and RVF400 was a 'manually put together' job at a Swedish Road Safety Exhibition.

Having said that, I've seen similar 'real' accidents and one or 2 worse!

Strange things accidents... you can walk up to a scene of Armageddon and find that all occupants are completely unharmed. Next day, a fairly innoculous bump and there's a dead person(s) somewhere nearby.

Remember a Vauxhall that hit a tree at speed and split in half 'length-ways'. i.e. the opposite of the Audi earlier in the thread. Unfortunately, the halfway split was not exactly spot on... there was a leaning more towards the drivers side. That was a particularly long and unpleasant night. Not much fun searching for and scraping up bodyparts over a 100 metre stretch of vergeside under floodlights. Pretty sure we didn't find them all but did the best we could (and 8 years later no-ones turned anything else up).

Anyway... onto happier things - Top Gears on!

Peteff

posted on 19/7/09 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
Was he guilty - Yes
Should he be punished - Definately
Should he go to prison for 1 year - don't be so bl**dy stupid !!

Sorry mate you answer is inherently flawed by this. If you use a spell checker it will tell you the word should be defiantly. This is also wrong

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Stott

posted on 19/7/09 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
ridiculous punishment IMHO, hardly any traffic about or junctions, clearly the guy can ride, wht's the big deal?

If he'd have hit and killed someone he'd probably have got community service, a 6 month ban and a £50 fine and everyone would be on here whining about how leniant his sentance was

EVERYONE speeds, or they're a liar, and most of us motorsport ethusiasts have been the wrong side of 170mph on the public highways (driver or passenger) and all it takes is one cop with a camera following you down that deserted A road at 4am and your in clink serving double the time that some crack head who just stabbed a gran is?!?!?!?!?!?!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aerosam

posted on 19/7/09 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Say what you like about the rights and wrongs of the biker or the cop.

There can be NO EXCUSE for doing those sorts of speeds on a public highway at ANY time.

If you want to drive a car, ride a bike, hang on to a rocket propelled donkey or get a piggyback from Usain Bolt at those speeds then go ahead and do it. But please use some common sense and do it where you aren't going to endanger other people's lives. Use a racetrack.

It's all well and good saying that empty roads are ok to speed on - you cant EVER be certain of what's around the bend on public roads, or what other road users are going to do.

It's just common sense.

Had enough of this dictatorship known as LCB. Gone elsewhere, not coming back. Kiss my ass ChrisW.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.