Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Swoopo!
ReMan

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Swoopo!

Just been linked to this, anyone here used it?
Does anyone ever win anything or does it just scam you out of lots of 50p's?

http://www.swoopo.co.uk/

balidey

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
well thats a novel idea.
But one thats only guaranteed to make the website loads of money as everyone WILL be bidding at the last minute.

balidey

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
and thinking about it, whats to say that the last minute bids are genuine people? If its computer generated then it will bump the prices up and no one will know
Steve G

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Call a premium rate phone number to put in a bid so everyone pays something like 50p or so, and everyone gives other bidders more time to outbid them.

The owners must make a fortune on that!! Bet they get way over the true cost of the item every time!!!

I wouldnt touch it myself - would rather pay a decent price for an item than loads of 50p's to potentially get nothing. How many will keep bidding thinking they have to so as to recoup their losses.

ReMan

posted on 20/7/09 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Butvther is no "last minute" because each bid adds more time to the "auction"
Davey D

posted on 20/7/09 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
i first saw a site like this a year or so ago. i wish i had thought of it. If you look into how it works the site owner doesnt lose out due to the cost of the bids people have to buy, and people do keep buying them becuase there is the potential of getting something cheap... but you have to be lucky

FEZ1025

posted on 20/7/09 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
I first saw this a couple of months ago & watch a Wii being sold. It had a retail price of £179, the winning bidder got it for £105 but had paid £63.50 to place their bids, so they had saved £10.50 off the retail price & then just to add insult the delivery cost was £15.

When you worked it out at 50p per 10p bid with a sale price of £105 is £525 plus the £105 the winner also paid that's £630 for a £179 item not a bad mark-up.

Only jealous really, it's that I haven't got enough faith there are enough stupid people out there to make me a millionaire.

Alan...

Confused but excited.

posted on 21/7/09 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Trust me......there are!
Used to be 'one born every minute', but with the global population increase I recon there's one born every ten seconds.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.