Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Can anyone recommend me a Car Cover
bigbravedave

posted on 4/8/09 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Can anyone recommend me a Car Cover

Can anyone recommend me a waterproof car cover. Basically I have got a few bbq's to go to in the next few weeks and want to take the 7. Im just after something I can leave on the car whilst its parked up on friends driveways overnight for when the heavens open. might also use it at work but not sure if thats practical as the exhaust takes an age to cool. Weather gear is probably out the question as It hasn't a screen.
David Jenkins

posted on 4/8/09 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
I'm dropping hints to get one of these for my birthday...

Ebay link

It folds up into a small package.... heard some good reviews a while back, but no personal experience.

Mr Whippy

posted on 4/8/09 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
I certainly would not recommend any of the normal car covers sold by Halfords etc as I've tried even their best outdoor ones only to find they left the water pass right through and your car will end up soaked. Also they tend to totally disintegrate in high winds leaving behind just the tie down string

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marshall

posted on 4/8/09 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
the one on the link for the car cover i had
one for my 7. it is easy to store and quick to fit.

adithorp

posted on 4/8/09 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
I've got one of these for the Fury.

http://www.motaman.co.uk/productDetails.aspx?nPId=880

Works a treat. Because it only covers the cockpit it's quick to fit, doesn't leak and packs up easy into a small bag. Not sure how well it'd fit without the screen though.

adrian

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

procomp

posted on 4/8/09 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I can honestly say that THESE HAMILTON Covers are the best by far. A bit pricey but they are the only cover that i have found in 25 years that really is fully water proof and fully breathable. Really can't recommend them enough. Fully fitting to a general seven shape.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trogdor

posted on 4/8/09 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
I find that most covers will deteriorate from UV absorption. If you only use it occasionally then I would use one from Argos, tis the mid range one I think its blue and seems to work ok, though i have to replace it at 6 months as the UV weakens the material and it just rips apart.

Since its only about £25 or so its not too bad.

My dad has brought good expensive ones which don't last long in the sun.

The best one he had was made especially for his sprite at lasted well. I think he only removed it cause it got a hole in it somehow. It wasn't cheap tho, would give you the company details but they are no longer around.

BenB

posted on 4/8/09 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
I love my softbitsforsevens cover but it's pricey!! Folds up very small though...

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.