Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK parts postage slow!!
huskychaser

posted on 14/8/09 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
MK parts postage slow!!

As above, have been waiting two weeks now for engine frame, cradle, they said it was posted last week, every day, posted this week, every day, now its still at the depot, could have been today, Not, or Monday now, has anybody else having or had problems with delivery?, only i will need more parts soon like prop etc.
afj

posted on 14/8/09 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
thats MK. a little hit and miss just keep on their case

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bluemoon

posted on 14/8/09 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
^^ ditto, patience, they will get there in the end..

Dan

Mark G

posted on 14/8/09 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
everyone who's ever ordered from mk has had that problem. Chances are that the parts either haven't been made yet or that they're on the floor waiting to go out.

graememk

posted on 14/8/09 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
i always collect, i was there wednesday and they made the parts whilst i waited.
afj

posted on 14/8/09 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
anyway i dont know why your worried, i arrived to pick up my kit and they forgot that i was coming, they had a very confused look on there faces when i arrived at 9am, they had to send there van out to get the chassis and bones from the powder coaters

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dan__wright

posted on 14/8/09 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
ive had this with most of my orders (6 weeks for a prop, apparently posted multiple times then not made etc) , the last 1 or 2 got sent out very quick (same day)

just make sure they know who you are and they remember you (give it a week then ringing daily to check whats going on), you soon get the parts

its not all bad, the last order they got out to me quickly, i was worried as it was stuff for sva in a few days time but i let them know and i got them with time to spare.

[Edited on 14/8/09 by dan__wright]

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

gavin174

posted on 14/8/09 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
seems a bit odd to me too..

MK get a "thats MK. a little hit and miss just keep on their case"

"everyone who's ever ordered from mk has had that problem. Chances are that the parts either haven't been made yet or that they're on the floor waiting to go out"

"^^ ditto, patience, they will get there in the end.. "

If this was GTS someone would have asked for darren to be hung by now!!

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

mistergrumpy

posted on 14/8/09 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, I had this with my exhaust manifold. Every other day, it'll be in the post until they asked if I wanted my money back. Unfortunately you're inbetween a rock and hard place. Wait and frustrate or cancel and start looking around again. Personally I'll look around before using them again. Didn't like the wait or the attitude.
200mph

posted on 14/8/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Might the parts also have been affected by postal strike(s)?

I received a letter today posted on 31st July...

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is

westf27

posted on 14/8/09 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
typical crap service from uk kit car companies.Dont see a lot has changed from the eighties service wise,the products however are brilliant.I always ask when ordering if its in stock and when it will arrive and pay by credit card.I then feel totally justified in the content of the inevitable phone call which I make when it goes wrong.

Bring it on its too hot for a coat

huskychaser

posted on 14/8/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Re MK.

No, just read the above, not affected by the strike as only just sent to depot. I think this is very poor service, also just now when everything is in business, you would think they would be only to pleased with the orders & make every effort.
afj

posted on 14/8/09 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

If this was GTS someone would have asked for darren to be hung by now!!

i think the difference is that as far as im aware MK havent stiffed anyone out of the product and their money
ive said it before, MK make a nice car but no one there seems to be in control, so thats why its hit and miss

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

myke pocock

posted on 14/8/09 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Similar to some of the other comments on here. It makes me livid when you are told something over the phone which is just not true, therfore they are lying to you. I have changed a few suppliers at work for just such poor service. Quality product, considerate service and good backup are all needed. Its just not sufficient to say the product is good. If they want us to buy they should GET THE MESSAGE.
Blackcab

posted on 15/8/09 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
MK has a rawness about it and I think thats great - I know they arent the most reliable, but when you go there you can see why - they are just a bunch of guys who are like you or I ...

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.