Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any shooters on here?
flak monkey

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Any shooters on here?

Another of my old hobbies which I am starting to get back into, now having a nice big garden in which to practice.

Just bought myself a new rifle, a .22 Air Arms TX200HC (hunter carbine). Those who know anything about air rifles will know of Air Arms without a doubt....

Once I am back in practice again I might go back to hunting again, but at the moment I am only on tin cans in the garden.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

mookaloid

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

speedyxjs

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Nice!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
What is the scope like? what scope is it? does it come with the gun? the scopes i have had are always useless and become inaccurate very quickly

tomgregory2000

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
thats beautifull
I only had enough money to get myself a BSA lightning XL

one of me

scootz

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Used to get paid to do it... Glock 17 pistols and H&K MP5 carbines were the tools of the trade.

Best job in the world... alas no more as in mid-30's and can barely walk 10 metres without a stick!

big_wasa

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got a Wbley Excel carbine but I dont get to use it due to living next to a primary school

If some one wants one £50

Jasongray5

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Ohh, very nice!
What do you intend to kill with that bad boy? Ive always fancied a nice air-rifle, but to be honest theres not alot of point as I use a .22 rimfire with sub-sonics for most "yard" vermin controll

How hard can it be?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33261515@N03/sets/72157611049241239/

philw

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice, i used to shoot until some f***** nicked mine a grands worth, so if anyone knows the wearabouts of ED who used to work at Dulford automotive in Devon let me know please.

Must try harder

flak monkey

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
What is the scope like? what scope is it? does it come with the gun? the scopes i have had are always useless and become inaccurate very quickly

The scope is a Hawke 3-9 x 50 Mildot. Its spring rated so should take the recoil. This is what you need to look for on any scope for a springer. The TX200 is very well tuned though and the recoil is minimal.

The only problems I have heard of is people breaking spring rated scopes on FAC rifles, not std ones.

The TX200 is a beautiful rifle, brilliantly well made, and a great advert for British engineering (albeit with a lothar walther barrel). Heavy though at 8.5lbs plus scope...

The lightenings are good lightweight rifles. I had a look at some, but wanted something a bit different this time.

I used ot have a Theoben Sirocco2000 but sold it a few years ago now.

Sera

flak monkey

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasongray5
Ohh, very nice!
What do you intend to kill with that bad boy? Ive always fancied a nice air-rifle, but to be honest theres not alot of point as I use a .22 rimfire with sub-sonics for most "yard" vermin controll

Rimfire for vermin? Nutter Alright for some if you have a FAC, I can't get one I shouldnt think (cant justify it, and wouldnt be popular with the neighbours!)

It will mainly be for rats and rabbits, nothing more.

Need to get back in practice though, bit wobbly at the moment!

Sera

mr_pr

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Used to get paid to do it... Glock 17 pistols and H&K MP5 carbines were the tools of the trade.

Best job in the world... alas no more as in mid-30's and can barely walk 10 metres without a stick!

now that sounds interesting...

My Build Progress

fov

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice. I used to use a .177 for rats round the farms but upgraded to a very nice 8 shot PCP.
Brilliantly smooth for a springer.

Rimfire for vermin! I have a sledgehammer here if you would like a wallnut

fesycresy

posted on 16/8/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Did you know, springers cause more damage to scopes than rim fires.

The TX 200 is a very accurate gun, did very, very well in Field Target.

Not an Air Arms fan myself, I had one of the first S300's that came off the production line, it ended up going back and was then hand fettled by one of their guys, I had the spec sheet to prove it too.

I've owned pretty much all the 'name' guns on offer, but ended up with a Rapid 7, I doubt there still isn't a better gun made today.

Enjoy, have a go at Hunter FT, that'll test you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

blakep82

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

ah, bank jobs was it?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

BenB

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have a Baikal .177 open sights rifle. Exported out of Russia with a replacement spring which if you used it made it blooming powerful (if illegal)..... Never bothered with scopes but good for plinking paper targets....
Jasongray5

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fov
Rimfire for vermin! I have a sledgehammer here if you would like a wallnut

Think thats bad, a good friend of mine works for the forestry commision, uses his sako .308 for more or less everything, Makes a mess of a fox, but at least it doesnt suffer

How hard can it be?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33261515@N03/sets/72157611049241239/

scootz

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr_pr
quote:

now that sounds interesting...

Nah, not really... 5 discs popping out and buggering my spinal column / sciatic nerves as they did so. Monotonously painful, but certainly not interesting!

JUD

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Mine below - Weihrauch HW100TK .22

Resurrected interest in airguns when I found my old HW80 in the garage during a clean out.

Went shooting this evening - I got nowt, but my 15 year old bagged his first rabbit.

Description
Description

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

Hammerhead

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
i'm looking for something like this:

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
I have a BSA Supersport Carbine .22 plenty of gun for me.

I don't really want to get into shooting as it could get really expensive like all my other hobbies......cycling, golf, rc helicopters, oh and building cars

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

scootz

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:

ah, bank jobs was it?

LOL...

I'd be leaving the pistol and carbine at home if that was my 'profession'. A sawn-off is still the weapon of choice when it comes to bank jobs!

paulf

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ive a fair collection of airguns.I used to shoot 6 yard belltarget and 10 metre paper targets in the local leagues until most clubs packed up.Ive got an Original 75 recoilless spring rifle as well as various others including a webley mk3 supertarget, a webley service rifle and a few pistols, including a couple of C02 ones that are fun but not very accurate or powerfull.
Paul

blakep82

posted on 16/8/09 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:

ah, bank jobs was it?

LOL...

I'd be leaving the pistol and carbine at home if that was my 'profession'. A sawn-off is still the weapon of choice when it comes to bank jobs!

i know nothing about guns although gangsters seem to like glocks...

as for someone else posting something earlier about your post sounding interesting, i think he meant the job, not your back, which just sounds awful

what was the job?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

JEPY

posted on 16/8/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, remember the Air Arms TX200 when it first came out. Used to go and covet it in Target Sports in Bolton.

Just re-found my Webley Omega since we're packing up the house. Good news is the new house has a decent size garden and access to farm land so hopefully get some hunting in.

Happy shootin

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.