Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: speeding - 88 in a 70 zone
Slater

posted on 28/8/09 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
speeding - 88 in a 70 zone

A friend of mine at work was caught doing 88 in a 70 zone. She wants to know what the punishment will be, it's a first offence if that helps................

[Edited on 28/8/09 by Slater]

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

wescottishmatt

posted on 28/8/09 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
I got caught a couple of years ago. 85 in 70 (motorway). Standard £60 fine and 3 points. The speeding code is an SP50 which my affect insurance but it was my second offence.

flak monkey

posted on 28/8/09 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
88mph in a 70 will be points and fine. Not sure how many, somewhere between 3 and 6 depending on the mood of the police officer or court that day. Anything over 100mph in a 70 is a mandatory ban (unless you are an off duty police officer or MP....)

[Edited on 28/8/09 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

irvined

posted on 28/8/09 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
It will most likely be SP50 - 3 points, 60quid congestion charge.

http://irvined.blogspot.com

MikeR

posted on 28/8/09 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Anything less than (eeek, can't remember but its above 88) should be an automatic 3 points and 60 pounds, no need to go to court unless you want to contest it.

They did have a while ago the magistrates guidance for what sentence to pass under what circumstances on line. I think it was via the peepedo web site or something similar.

200mph

posted on 28/8/09 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
according to http://www.ukspeeding.co.uk/SpeedFines.htm it's a fixed penalty up to 95mph.

I take it 88mph was her recorded/actual speed rather than indicated speed (according to the speedo)?

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is

welderman

posted on 28/8/09 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
i was lucky then, 96 on the motorway, sp50 and 60 quid fine.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

GrumpyOne

posted on 28/8/09 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
I got caught once on a Honda CB900 doing 126.7 mph, before there were fixed penalties.
I had to appear in court and the swine fined me £126.70. Which was about three weeks wages in those days

[Edited on 28/8/09 by GrumpyOne]

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

blakep82

posted on 28/8/09 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
lol quality. he fined you the speed you were doing a judge with a bit of a sense of humour

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

GrumpyOne

posted on 28/8/09 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
lol quality. he fined you the speed you were doing a judge with a bit of a sense of humour

happy I could amuse you

In those days the average fine for speeding was around £10. Nearly bankrupted me, no points on my licence though

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

graememk

posted on 28/8/09 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
88mph in a 70 will be points and fine. Not sure how many, somewhere between 3 and 6 depending on the mood of the police officer or court that day. Anything over 100mph in a 70 is a mandatory ban (unless you are an off duty police officer or MP....)

95mph i think is the cut off

[Edited on 28/8/09 by graememk]

maximill666

posted on 28/8/09 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Anything less than (eeek, can't remember but its above 88) should be an automatic 3 points and 60 pounds, no need to go to court unless you want to contest it.

They did have a while ago the magistrates guidance for what sentence to pass under what circumstances on line. I think it was via the peepedo web site or something similar.

I dont like the sound of the websites you've been visiting Mike lol

Asume you meant 'pepipoo'

r1_pete

posted on 28/8/09 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Check the offence code, I got done for 75 on a 60 road, rozzers gave me an SP60, about 18 months later I read it should have been SP30, queried it, they couldn't find the docs, or had logged it wrong.
Points removed, £60 refunded ..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Blackcab

posted on 28/8/09 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
there is no hard and fast rule when it comes to speeding - a lot of speed cameras will issue a standard deemed acceptable by the courts punishment - if however you are caught by a car and the conditions were less than favourable then the punishment can be increased - taking the old its a limit not a target argument and you should drive at what you feel is appropriate considering road conditions - however having said that ... I would be surprised if she got more than 3 points and standard fixed penalty
Lightning

posted on 28/8/09 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Disgusting, I never speed

Steve

Peteff

posted on 28/8/09 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning
Disgusting, I never speed

Me neither.
Horse whipping, that's what they want.Speeders, hang them all. No, hanging's too good for them. Sorry got a bit carried away there, might she get away with a speeding awareness course and forgo the points ?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Ninehigh

posted on 28/8/09 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
She's going to be thrown in prison, given coal and wee to eat and drink for the next 375 years the evil baby killing world destroying puppy kicking woman!

Nah looks like points and a fine otherwise they'd have said something otherwise, I got £60 and an sp30 for doing 49 in a 30 so I imagine she'd get the same

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.