Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 replacement clutch options
Bob C

posted on 2/9/09 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
R1 replacement clutch options

Browsing fleabay I can see replacement clutch options from EBC and "surflex" or something like that.
Given that yam parts from yamaha seem to be incredibly expensive - anybody had experience of these aftermarket boys?

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 2/9/09 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Yamaha - No. Suzuki - Yes (GSXR1000). Therefore what say isn't as useful as it should be. However, Suzuki are equally expensive.

I've tried EBC, Kevlar, miscellaneous others, heaven knows what else (no name) in order to try and avoid the cost of Suzuki OE plates (frictions and steels). All have not had the perfect OE characteristics of slip, feel and performance to get in good lap times. I now just swallow hard and pay Fowlers for the OE.

smart51

posted on 2/9/09 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
You want some R1 clutch plates cheap? Drop me a line!

jimgiblett

posted on 2/9/09 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
The only ones that have come close in my experience are Graves plates. No better IMHO but a little cheaper. I think you can only get them in the US but ebay might bring something.

Cheers

Jim

BenB

posted on 2/9/09 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
I thought EBC plates were okay but the springs turn to chocolate after a few hundred miles???
mad-butcher

posted on 2/9/09 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Honda O/E with HD springs 20+ trackdays 2000 miles no probs, what you have to remember is it's a bike clutch normally operated by 2 fingers not a left foot with no feel, set it up Properly, use it and then keep your foot well away from pedal

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.