Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Italian GP about to start
speedyxjs

posted on 13/9/09 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Italian GP about to start

Should be a good'n

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

blakep82

posted on 13/9/09 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
that start was a lot of fun

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

clairetoo

posted on 13/9/09 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Looking like it's gonna be a good un'

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

speedyxjs

posted on 13/9/09 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
I want to see sutil pass raikkonen

omega0684

posted on 13/9/09 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
got to admit i really want force india to do well! go sutil!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 13/9/09 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Aaaah, poor liuzzi

scudderfish

posted on 13/9/09 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Toyota are going to take themselves out!
speedyxjs

posted on 13/9/09 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one for rubens.

WTF was lewes doing???

omega0684

posted on 13/9/09 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
what the feck did hamilton do!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ken555

posted on 13/9/09 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
I guess Ferrari told him to crash
Project7

posted on 13/9/09 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
what the feck did hamilton do!

He wanted to win so he pushed 'til the end - some you win and some you lose.

200mph

posted on 13/9/09 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Proof (again) that he is an immature c*ck that has a lot of growing up to do.

Just like his father then...

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is

speedyxjs

posted on 13/9/09 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Surley 3rd is better than 12th, especially that close to the end?

James

posted on 13/9/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 200mph

Oh yeah... keep on pushing to try to get another place.

Imagine that! in racing! Lo Actually trying to catch the opposition and beat them. How very immature!

And at the grand old age of 24 as well! Would be way better if he just stayed at home with his pipe and slippers!

I imagine you preferred the old Schumacher/Barrichello days!

[Edited on 13/9/09 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Project7

posted on 13/9/09 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
Surley 3rd is better than 12th, especially that close to the end?

But second is better than third! Had he needed finish third to win the championship then it would have been a duff decision - but as it was he pushed til the end, I cant fault him for that - unfortunately for him it didnt pay off that time.

I'm not particularly a Hamilton fan, but at least he tried. He could have just settle for third after his last stop! In my opinion that showed he was a racer!

200mph

posted on 13/9/09 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

Oh yeah... keep on pushing to try to get another place.

Imagine that! in racing! Lo Actually trying to catch the opposition and beat them. How very immature!

And at the grand old age of 24 as well! Would be way better if he just stayed at home with his pipe and slippers!

I imagine you preferred the old Schumacher/Barrichello days!

[Edited on 13/9/09 by James]

James

Over the last year or so he's repeatedly shown 2 things;

1. He's fast, very fast
2. He's shown astonishing errors of judgement at times

Today he had 3rd place in the bag and was *never* going to get 2nd. He wasn't pushing because he had a realistic chance of gaining a place so your argument fails. His ego got the better of him again (takes that from his father too?) and as a result he let down himself, his team (probably the most important point) and all his fans.

I'd thank you not to sarcasitcally stereotype me - it seems my thoughts on F1 aren't as simple as yours.

Mark

[Edited on 13/9/09 by 200mph]

Ivan

posted on 14/9/09 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe he wasn't pushing to pass Button but to force Button into exactly the error he made.
Project7

posted on 14/9/09 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Today he had 3rd place in the bag and was *never* going to get 2nd. He wasn't pushing because he had a realistic chance of gaining a place so your argument fails. His ego got the better of him again (takes that from his father too?) and as a result he let down himself, his team (probably the most important point) and all his fans.

Following that logic, from Raikkonens point of view his fourth place was *never* going to be third.... but wait the guy in front dropped it, and Raikkonen got the podium.

Had Button dropped it, Hamiltons actions would have been appaulded! I really dont understand your arguement. He's got nothing to loose and the history books dont give a sh1t about people who settle for third.

[Edited on 14/9/09 by Project7]

200mph

posted on 14/9/09 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Project7
quote:

Following that logic, from Raikkonens point of view his fourth place was *never* going to be third.... but wait the guy in front dropped it, and Raikkonen got the podium.

Had Button dropped it, Hamiltons actions would have been appaulded! I really dont understand your arguement. He's got nothing to loose and the history books dont give a sh1t about people who settle for third.

Raikkonen didn't get the position from pushing Hamilton, he got it because Hamilton spilled it. Your statement about that is illogical.

Edited to say - I assumed you understood that when I said *never* I meant gaining the position by overtaking Button.

After the race Button spoke about having something in reserve to deal with Hamilton, and was quite comfortable with where he was. This suggests that unlike your sentiment of everyone driving 100% all the time no matter what doesn't marry with the comments made by a very able F1 driver. I think I'll side with him.

Mark

[Edited on 14/9/09 by 200mph]

carpmart

posted on 14/9/09 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Come on ladies, handbags down!

It's good to see a racer racing, but ten tenths is only doable for short spells and Hamilton was clearly was on the edge for most of his third phase!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Project7

posted on 14/9/09 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Project7
quote:

Raikkonen didn't get the position from pushing Hamilton, he got it because Hamilton spilled it. Your statement about that is illogical.

Edited to say - I assumed you understood that when I said *never* I meant gaining the position by overtaking Button.

After the race Button spoke about having something in reserve to deal with Hamilton, and was quite comfortable with where he was. This suggests that unlike your sentiment of everyone driving 100% all the time no matter what doesn't marry with the comments made by a very able F1 driver. I think I'll side with him.

Mark

[Edited on 14/9/09 by 200mph]

Yeah ok, you've convinced me - what a cock hamilton is!

200mph

posted on 14/9/09 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Mine is that he invariably fails when making the tough decisions that test character. That tells me something.

Oh, that and some of the comments he came out with last year after his numerous errors of judgement. I actually quite liked him before that.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.