Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT Cast iron guttering suppliers
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 15/9/09 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
OT Cast iron guttering suppliers

Am i looking at unobtainum or worse obtainum with a huge price. Was up sorting the rones and have a knackered 90º Angle-Internal.....

Its rusted away so I was thinking of just buying a new one .....but dont want plastic.

short of that I was going to see if i can weld it and fabricate a part.....advice please

this is a double socket .....im needing a single socket

[Edited on 15-9-09 by mangogrooveworkshop]

r1_pete

posted on 15/9/09 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Try Rainclear for new stuff, or architectural salvage yards for used.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locoboy

posted on 15/9/09 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Worst case Pat a friend of mine broke his FIRST piece of his cast guttering and replaced it with plastic and coated it in car underseal - the real thick lumpy stuff and it looked just like cast iron from the ground!

His second but that some kits broke with a football he tacked back to gether with the welder and made a mould and then laid one up in fibreglass and painted it to suit, cant tell the difference with ether to be honest.

ATB
Locoboy

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 15/9/09 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
The stuff Ive got seems to weld very nicely and I have some spare straights round the back of the shed......so guess whos fabbing up a 26 quid piece of iron

200mph

posted on 15/9/09 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
let me know if it works!

Mine broke about 2 months ago and with it being a 3 floor building everyone that's come to have a look as declined on the basis they don't have ladders tall enough

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 16/9/09 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Been round the usual suspects and found nothing. The cost from the online place is 26 plus a tenner for pat tax.

So we have some spare gutter so i will weld a new one. Welding cast iron is interesting as you have to limit the heat buildup to small runs.

will post pics later

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 16/9/09 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 200mph
let me know if it works!

Mine broke about 2 months ago and with it being a 3 floor building everyone that's come to have a look as declined on the basis they don't have ladders tall enough

think its cause they are to lazy to find the bits. getting up their is the least of the problems.

RoadkillUK

posted on 16/9/09 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
I know you said 'No Plastic' but this is some 'kind' of compromise The finish is rough, similar to cast iron, only you can't see it that well in the photo.

Any good?

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.