Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cooling system plumbing..
prawnabie

posted on 15/9/09 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Cooling system plumbing..

I am going to fit a header tank to my crossflow instead of the filler neck on the head.

I have the tank ready to fit and I have the fiesta thermostat housing to fit too. My questions are about the plumbing.

Do I..

A) Cut the pipe going from the inlet manfold to the water pump and plumb the tank inline with this, so the coolant flows though it.

B) Weld an outlet onto the top of the rad and plumb this to the top of the tank and plumb the lower pipe back into the bottom hose?

C) Plumb the outlet from the fiesta thermostat housing to the top of the tank and the bottom back into the bottom hose.

Any advice welcome

Shaun

MautoK

posted on 15/9/09 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Shaun,
I'm not familiar with the Xflow but on my Pinto + Polo rad + Sierra header tank setup I've plumbed it like this:

1. Stat (big) to rad upper
2. Rad Lower to a 32-15-32 T piece and on to the pump (big). The 15mm T stub connects to the bigger stub on the header (about 15/18mm ID)
3. From Inlet manifold straight to the pump (small). This would be the heater loop, but I don't have a heater.
4. Approx 8mm ID hoses in a T connecting the rad bleed, 'stat bleed and header tank overflow.
HTH
John.

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.