Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec 2.0L black top to bell housing bolt pattern
Cheffy

posted on 18/9/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec 2.0L black top to bell housing bolt pattern

Evening all,

I've been searching for ages and have seen the question posed, but still haven't found an answer - although I'm sure it must be on here somewhere.

When marrying the Zetec 2L Black Top to the bellhousing for the type 9 'box only 5 holes line up accurately. Furthermore all 5 holes are in the top half of the bellhousing. What have others done about securing the bottom half of the bellhousing to the engine?

Cheers,

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
whitestu

posted on 18/9/09 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
No need to do anything. The top bolts will be fine on their own.

Stu

r1_pete

posted on 18/9/09 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Thats all any of us use, it will be fine.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 18/9/09 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
yep its just the way it is
Cheffy

posted on 18/9/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Good answers guys!

Well, the ones I was hoping for anyway!

Cheers,

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

coozer

posted on 18/9/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I'm only useing 4 on mine.. it is possible to drill the two bottom mount holes on the bellhousing through the back of the blacktop sump and use some plates and bolts but as most Fords used 2 M8 bolts down there I don't see the point...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Cheffy

posted on 18/9/09 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Coozer,

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
it is possible to drill the two bottom mount holes on the bellhousing through the back of the blacktop sump and use some plates and bolts

Yea, I was looking at those and wondered whether it was worth bothering.

I think in light of the other replies I'll just go with the 5 existing holes as others have done. If it had been a problem I'm sure it would have come to light by now.

Cheers,

Mart.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.