Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS Ginetta G20 GTC Coupe V6
grazzledazzle

posted on 20/9/09 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
FS Ginetta G20 GTC Coupe V6

It is with real regret that my car is up for sale, ill health forces a very reluctant sale. The car is unique. It is a Ginetta G20 coupe which was built to allow homoligation of the GTC car into British GT in 2006. It is the only road going coupe, and the only one with a Duratec V6. It has been featured in Complete kit car in May 2008, and is due to be in this months practical performance magazine.

Chassis
G20 Chassis with fully welded FIA six point cage. Chassis fully galvanised and then powdercoated. Chassis specifically engineered to accept ford duratec engine and cosworth running gear.

Suspension
Ginetta uprights all round, GTC widetrack suspension, fully polybushed all round, avo coil over shocks, floor mounted pedal box with twin AP racing master cylinders, braded hoses, cosworth calipers, vented disks.

Running Gear
Ford 2.5 Duratec V6 engine running emerald 3d ecu, electric water pump with digital control, baffled sump, stainless twin exit exhaust, pace products custom aluminium radiator, Cosworth T5 gearbox using custom bellhousing and cosworth cluth. Cosworth diff, heavy duty propshaft, heavy duty custom driveshafts, 17inch lightweight split rim alloy wheels with good toyo tyres.

Bodywork
Full GT bodywork with custom doors with full internal second skin, gutters, seals, locks, hinges etc. They are solid and shut with a satisfying clunk! Roof vent with custom carbon plenum mounted internally. Spare widetrack ducted nose GT bonnet included. LED lighting.

Interior
Full road car custom interior. Richfield leather seats, willans harnesses, full headlining, full carpet, custom tunnel top and full dash made from genuine carbon and alcantara, door trims in alcantara, full heater system and demist, digi-dash, savage warnign lights, Sony xplod stereo with twin 10inch subs and twin mid range / tweeters etc.

There really is too much to list, it is a genuine one off, and built to exacting standards. The breif was to build a rapid touring GT road car which provides stunning performance with comfort, reliability and refinement (for a ginetta!) I have driven the car for long journeys and it is a breeze, quiet enough to cruise effortlessly and listen to the radio, rapid enough to give more than a scare, and without getting wet! Full windscreen wipers, heater and the galvanising makes it no drama to drive in the rain in comfort.

The car was mapped by Dave Walker at Emerald in june and I have print out at 210bhp.

The above only just covers the basics; i have forgotten half of it. It has had over £30k spent building it and i cannot quite come to terms with having to sell it. Low price does not reflect condition or value; it is priced to sell quickly. Ten months MOT & Tax.

Viewing in SW London. Please no timewasters, this process is hard enough as it is!

£10,750

More pics and info
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1255052.htm
I am not a contributor yet and i therefore won't be able to reply i don't think so probably best to email or phone. I'm now going to sit in a dark room for a bit.

[Edited on 20/9/09 by grazzledazzle]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

mookaloid

posted on 20/9/09 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
looks like a complete bargain to me - wish I had some money

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2751
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 20/9/09 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Stunning looks.
Good luck with the sale.

Richard Quinn

posted on 20/9/09 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about the health issues and I hope that things get better for you.
From the moment I first saw a picture of your car I wanted it! The fact that it has now come up for sale when I can't afford it has genuinely made my stomach churn.
Good luck with the sale and I really, really hope it goes to a good home.

grazzledazzle

posted on 20/9/09 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Seems i can respond.
Thanks for the kind comments chaps. It will be sorely missed. It is not just your stomach that is churning Richard

[Edited on 20/9/09 by grazzledazzle]

DM

posted on 21/9/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
would love to go on about what a lovely car that is but I'm busy trying to find 10k.....
mistergrumpy

posted on 21/9/09 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
P/X for a left testicle?
grazzledazzle

posted on 25/9/09 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Well, it has gone and i feel like the one who has lost the left testicle. Last seen heading for bordeaux

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.