Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2.0 Zetec silver top power
stuart_g

posted on 23/9/09 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
2.0 Zetec silver top power

What is the BHP of a 2.0 silvertop Zetec? are they all 130bhp in standard form on the ford throttle body and ECU as fitted in a tintop?

2nd part, If they are 130BHP what would you estimate a standard engine would produce on an Omex throttle body and ECU kit? (approx)

arrow-engineering

posted on 23/9/09 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
zetec

all the 2.0 litre zetecs are the same power standard, apart from st170. generally they make 160-170 bhp on throttle bodies
cerbera

posted on 23/9/09 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Mates Westy has 2.0 Zetec with Jenvey throttle bodies and omex ECU. Got 190bhp at flywheel on rolling road setup.
coozer

posted on 23/9/09 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
2 standard types, 130 and 136 versions.

""Mates Westy has 2.0 Zetec with Jenvey throttle bodies and omex ECU. Got 190bhp at flywheel on rolling road setup.""

Must have cams as well...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Danozeman

posted on 24/9/09 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
Matt in the club has a 2 litre westy with cams and jenveys it made 210 last week.

without the cams i think theyl do 160 -170.

If you want to try one Stu your welcome to give mine a try. Its a 1.8 but not much different to a 2 litre.

Scholar are zetec people speak to them, they fit throttle bodies etc and now have a rolling road again. Theyl tell you all you need to know bud.

[Edited on 24/9/09 by Danozeman]

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

will121

posted on 24/9/09 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
thought they were 115 and 130bhp 2 litre silvertops with different cams/ECU
as for throttle bodies and ECU about 170bhp, im running GSXR throttle bodies on a standard ECU with orignal ford ECU @150bhp, looking to replace with Emerald ECU though

see Burton powers info
zetec spec

stuart_g

posted on 24/9/09 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
How do I tell wether it is 115 or 130 is there a particular marking on the cylinder head.

The car I might look at was registered new in 07 with the engine as the one recon part, everything else new so I want to be able to check the standard spec. I know it could have been uprated on the rebuild but if I know the standard that will be a starting point.

zetec mike

posted on 24/9/09 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
2.0l silvertop, cams, ported head, gsxr throttle bods, megasquirt, revs to 8000. 221 at the flywheel.
will121

posted on 24/9/09 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuart_g
How do I tell wether it is 115 or 130 is there a particular marking on the cylinder head.

The car I might look at was registered new in 07 with the engine as the one recon part, everything else new so I want to be able to check the standard spec. I know it could have been uprated on the rebuild but if I know the standard that will be a starting point.

there is no way of telling the differance by just looking at the head as thay are the same, i believe there different numbers/identifying marks on the actual cams to identify 115 or 130 ones. is it in a car you are looking at? if so what spec ECU throttle bodies has it currently got, and what does the seller say? as the 130 cams are cheep and a easy upgrade most seem to have done it

big_wasa

posted on 24/9/09 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
All the 2.0 are around 132~136 bhp

With tb's and managment 165 is normal and 170 with a good well set up engine and exhaust.

Any more out of a zetec requires head work, cams and a ecu re map. That will take it past 200bhp.

Micael

posted on 24/9/09 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Mine silvertop made out 187 bhp on flywheel on standard cams. It was ported and skimmed and had Gixxer TB:s with Megasquirt.
pics from the rolling road test (swedish)
http://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47802&highlight=

I sold the engine to a guy who mounted webers instead of the ITBS and manage to get 193 bhp on the flywheel, still with standard cams.

So it is possible to get some good hp with standard cams.

Micael Moose Åman

Petrolhead and all around nice guy

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

jeffw

posted on 24/9/09 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Without being rude I think that says more about the dyno(s) than your Zetec. 193BHP on standard cams & carbs isn't likely.

Edited because I missed the ported head....still seems like a lot on standard cams.

[Edited on 24/9/09 by jeffw]

goaty

posted on 24/9/09 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
i also woudl be very suprised to see a zetec with webers making that sort of power
Micael

posted on 24/9/09 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
I can't verify the 193 bhp as it was the new owner who dit the test on an other dyno in an other town, etc.

The dyno I used (187 bhp, 137.5 kw) has been used many times and has proven to be accurate. Many Ferrari owners has left the dyno with sad grin.

The green Westfield that you can see on the pics had 150 bhp (111 kw) on the same dyno. It is a standard 2.0 Zetec with omex ECU. So i don't think the dyno is all that wrong.

Micael Moose Åman

Petrolhead and all around nice guy

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

big_wasa

posted on 24/9/09 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Dunnell will do you a 200bhp+ zetec on webers,

at the expense of drivability

stuart_g

posted on 25/9/09 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
Here is the actual engine and Omex injection system.
I've never seen this setup before, anyone know if it's any good. Will it be as good as say Jenvey throttle bodies and MBE/Omex/Emerald ECU? Rescued attachment DSC00017.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC00017.JPG

richyb

posted on 25/9/09 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
looks exactly like the griffin power system i had on my car -
http://www.griffinpower.co.uk/html/total.htm

they reckon 160bhp on a 2.0

will121

posted on 25/9/09 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
as above should be good for about 160bhp, looks a tidy setup. the ECU can be used with individual throttle bodies, but would think require a new map which on OMEX approved RR can be up to about £400. would say may be worth sticking with what it has to start with and then if you want more power replace in association with ported head and cams
mr T

posted on 25/9/09 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
BHP

Mine is a silver top 2lt zetec, newman fast road cams CBR 1100 carbs ported head 160bhp @ wheels that was on a Dynojet rolling road.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.