Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How much is worth?
rossymond

posted on 5/10/09 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
How much is worth?

Me and my other half have decided we would like to start a famliy

So how much do people think my locost is worth?

Firstly. Its not SVA'd

Its running a 919 blade engine, which after a new fuel pump and a service will be in very good condition, with just over 8000 miles on the clock. (Having just had the head changed)

The chassis is in good condition, SPAX adjustable shocks all the way round.

13inch mini lights, A048 rears, front will be new r888's.

Not been used in anger for some time, however i aim to take it on a track day before selling on the 8th, any issues raised (for instance a sticky brake caliper or similar) will be corrected before sale so its in a perfectly usable condition.

All the lights, headlights, hazards, rear fog etc etc are all there and working.

2 new GRP seats with matching pads will be fitted along with new 4 point harnesses.

I dont have pictures at present, but it sort of looks like a 7 type locost

Painted in black/green.

The chassis is not rusted or anything similar, and all the suspension/steering components are in good condition.

A rough idea of what i should ask for it would be great. many thanks

James

posted on 5/10/09 at 01:01 AM Reply With Quote
You gonna keep the baby in the garage and need the space?

Just tuck it away and save it for the odd sunny day when the screaming is getting to you!!!

You've got 9months + to get it IVA'd too!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 5/10/09 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

blakep82

posted on 5/10/09 at 01:08 AM Reply With Quote
yeah, i'd still keep it. selling it won't cover any running costs of a baby!
and would you sell the baby when a 2nd one comes along? i'm just asking is all, i might know someone thats interested
i'm joking!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Staple balls

posted on 5/10/09 at 01:14 AM Reply With Quote
Yup, I'd keep it, work on getting it IVA'd as you can, at least that way it'll be worth a fair lump more if it does have to go.

blakep82

posted on 5/10/09 at 01:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
Yup, I'd keep it, work on getting it IVA'd as you can, at least that way it'll be worth a fair lump more if it does have to go.

yeah, it'll just take a bit long, and money won't be as easily available, but the car will be worth more when its done

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Dangle_kt

posted on 5/10/09 at 06:11 AM Reply With Quote
The roblem you hav is iva needs a reverse and if it's a locost then will be a live axle, which makes the ring gear on the front of he diff and a starter motor not possible as it moves. Whch means the person buying either has to be pretty capable and able to make stuff without any hand holding or pay someone to fit one.

If gettig someone to do it, I'd guess you'd get much change out of 500, maybe more, iva is 500, so together it's a grand just to get the car ready for registering.

It's wih that in mind that I don't see it being worth more than 3-4k depending on how fortunate you are, and is the reason I moved heaven and earth to get mine sva'd.

All the best no matter what you decide to do, hopefully my post explains why people are saying keep it, as selling it isn't really worth it!

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 5/10/09 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
A baby had one of my cars and it took 15 years to get it back. Unless your wife gives up makeup and chocolate the car has to stay

speedyxjs

posted on 5/10/09 at 06:14 AM Reply With Quote
Another vote for keeping it. If you need a family car, save a grand and go buy a used volvo

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

will121

posted on 5/10/09 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
as Dangle_kt, says. problem is without IVA and registration its only value is as a trackday car so dependant on spec £3-4k might be a good price, on the down side of keeping it thats good, but for your use will only be as a track day car unless you register it, then the problem is not just keeping it but then also getting the 'day pass' you require to be able to book a track day. I say if financially possible get it finished and registered in the next 9 months if you want to keep it,
BenB

posted on 5/10/09 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
I'd keep it. Once a baby comes along you're unlikely to get permission to spend money on just your stuff (and there won't be any time off for that kind of stuff)....

much better to keep it, even just on the principle that if at a later stage if you decide you want a different "fun" car you can sell the 7 and get whatever you want instead. You sell it now it'll get spent on baby clothes and a pram and you'll never get permission

A friend of mine blew a huge wedge on a Porker just before moving in with his girlfriend. Couldn't understand why until he explained his thinking (ie similar to above!!!)...

James

posted on 5/10/09 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Look on the upside....

...you might be shooting blanks!

Sorry!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

rossymond

posted on 5/10/09 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Haha i wish

Thansk for the opinions guys, i didnt even think it would be worth that much.

I think i'll try my best to get her done, will have to see how things progress.

Seeing Andy B tomorrow to spend some hard earned on the bits i need to finish off the engine.

I'm sure as soon as i track it, i wont want to get rid!

tegwin

posted on 5/10/09 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
If you sell it.... after a few weeks you will regret it.... will want something to do in the odd half hour you have off...

think of it as a worthwhile escape from "life"... take your mind off the other things

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.