Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Heads up guy's car thieves
sonic

posted on 9/11/09 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Heads up guy's car thieves

Hi all
Just a warning that there are scumbags about stealing cars.
Seams to be the same way of doing it everytime.

They break into your house and take the keys and rob the car.

Somebody close to were i live was woken up to the dogs barking at 5 am in the morning and saw two men running down his drive on Friday.

Then i got a call from my mate in Doncaster this morning saying he was woken by the house alarm at 6.30 am Saturday morning,when he went down stairs they had broken the handle off his upvc door and taken the car keys and he saw them driving away with his Audi A6.

The police said they are an organised gang stealing performance and prestige cars.

Seams to be around the East and South Yorkshire area.

[Edited on 9/11/09 by sonic]

mistergrumpy

posted on 9/11/09 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
A good reminder but this has been going on for years now.
Modern cars are just too difficult for the average numb nut to steal so they get into your house by burglary, fishing rod or worryingly on the more prestige cars armed robbery and just take the key.

morcus

posted on 9/11/09 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thats why the police tell you not to leave your keys by the door. Even if people break in they're alot less likely to take your car if the keys aren't by the door.
55ant

posted on 9/11/09 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
simple answer, as above, dont leave keys where the expect them to be.

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

stevec

posted on 9/11/09 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Girl next door left her keys on the hall table, the gits used a magnet on a stick and fished them through the letterbox.
Steve

StevieB

posted on 9/11/09 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
There must be some way of rigging the letterbox so it only goes one way.

That way when you come downstairs to find a burglar with their hand stuck through your letter box, your biggest problem is finding an extension chord to get the blender to the front door...

MakeEverything

posted on 9/11/09 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
There must be some way of rigging the letterbox so it only goes one way.

That way when you come downstairs to find a burglar with their hand stuck through your letter box, your biggest problem is finding an extension chord to get the blender to the front door...

Something like this:

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Werner Van Loock

posted on 9/11/09 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Thats why the police tell you not to leave your keys by the door. Even if people break in they're alot less likely to take your car if the keys aren't by the door.

Over here they teel to just leave the keys near the door, because the thugs will come upstairs to get the keys by force. Specially if rare performance cars a re involved. Best to get is stolen and have a tracker to recover it then to get beaten/murdered for some car.

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dhutch

posted on 9/11/09 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
We had all of our keys nicked once.
- No car keys as they where all else where, but all the garage keys, trailer keys, spare house keys, bike locks, roofbox, narrowboat, the lot.

Utter pain to replace all keys and important locks (ie, all the house locks, garage locks, etc).

Moral is, keys are now very much hidden.

Daniel

morcus

posted on 9/11/09 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Where abouts in Belgium are you living, Werner? In the UK, anyone who's broken in to steal your car is not likely going to be prepaired to look for keys, it'll be a couple of scroats who'll look in the usual places and if not there leave it. The only exception is if you've got something really valuable that someones after and come prepared and specifically for.

Other than joy riding and scrapping what do they do with the cars?

02GF74

posted on 9/11/09 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
bastatrds.

best move my keys although who is gonnas want a 15 yr old volvo?

... nad then put a set of car keys that are not for the car .... that'll fox 'em, prehaps have a remote that is in fact an electrical shocker!!

Tartanpimpernel

posted on 9/11/09 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Seems Bonfire night was a popular night for thieves.

Guess the odds are better for finding an empty house...or the occupants are out in the back garden with fireworks etc

Paul (Notts)

posted on 9/11/09 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
We had the police out on Friday as two youths in balaclavas came down our drive way and tried the front door when I was upstairs..Looking to get car keys according to the police. They had two other reports of the same youths in the area.

May have been due to the Fiesta ST , Audi tt and new audi avant V10t parked on the drive and at the top of it.

Neither of the Audis are mine

Paul

Danozeman

posted on 9/11/09 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

You dont need a blender id just keep kicking them till they were completely mangled. Far more enjoyable.

My keys are always near me.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

col

posted on 9/11/09 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Best leave your keys on the bedside table .............next to your winchester pump.
T66

posted on 9/11/09 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I left my Lada drivers door open overnight, keys in door , pissed down all night.

And guess what happened to the Lada ?

ABsolutely nothing , I was gutted

Werner Van Loock

posted on 10/11/09 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Where abouts in Belgium are you living, Werner? In the UK, anyone who's broken in to steal your car is not likely going to be prepaired to look for keys, it'll be a couple of scroats who'll look in the usual places and if not there leave it. The only exception is if you've got something really valuable that someones after and come prepared and specifically for.

Other than joy riding and scrapping what do they do with the cars?

No joyriders over here, only eastern europe scum thieving cars for spares or to sell over there and if they can't find the keys they will come upstairs to get them by force.

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 10/11/09 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
I know quite a few people in Belgium and though I'd heard of problems with Easter europena and middle eastern gangs, I'd never heard of anything like that. I suppose its easier to shift a car t someone else on the continent as it'll be lhd and you don't have to go on a boat or a tunnel (Where it would flag up as stolen and you'd get done).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.