Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Arrgh! Renault Clios!
trogdor

posted on 20/11/09 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Arrgh! Renault Clios!

Hi everyone,

further to my earlier thread about the renault clio clutch issues.

Anyway i thought i would check the clutch cable to make sure it was correct and working ok along with the adjuster onto of the pedal.

Anyway long story short i broke the cable taking it off found out it was correct and then got a new one and can i get it working again? no i can't!

The cable outer seems like it is too long and the inner too short i can't both ends of the cable connected and when i did manage it one it broke the adjuster so had to get a new bit from a scrap yard.

I am not sure if it going through the bulkhead correctly. Its such a rubbish set up i can't believe it!

Anyway can anyone give me any tips? I would love to get the car back to how it was when i got it. Its so depressing!

Cheers

ps suggestions along the lines of gallon of petrol and matchs are appreciated but am well ahead of you.

prawnabie

posted on 20/11/09 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
have you offered the old cable up to the new to make sure its correct?
trogdor

posted on 20/11/09 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
yeah it is correct, i think i have got it routed incorrectly through the engine bay to the bulkhead opening but am not sure why that would effect its operating range as the outer cable ends are located in the correct places.

It may have an effect on its life though. Am going to try again tomorrow. hopefully going in from underneath will work.

If not i will be torching it! and i thought my astravan was bad in terms of changing the clutch cable! anyone done it in their clio before?

[Edited on 20/11/09 by trogdor]

Peteff

posted on 20/11/09 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
My diesel Clio had a stiff clutch and the cable eventually broke. The AA put a temporary inner ti get me home and a week or two later I put a new one in and found that the soundproofing where the old one went through the bulkhead was holding it off it's seating position. I cut it back and the clutch was perfect after that.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

l0rd

posted on 20/11/09 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
I do remember loads of posts about clios and breaking the clutch cable.

Be patient. It will take some time.

PS: if you have to change the clutch, you can pick up a laguna fork and swap it over. It will make the clutch feel a lot lighter.

trogdor

posted on 21/11/09 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
right well i have put the clutch pedal together properly now

but still the inner cable seems to be about an inch too short. I really can't see the problem!

oh well will have to keep at it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.