Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Installing Blow Off Valve CA18DET
RK

posted on 24/11/09 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Installing Blow Off Valve CA18DET

Forgetting my other car problems for a while, I turn my attention to installing a Blow Off Valve to the large line coming from my intercooler. So far so good. Now, there is a small tube coming out of the end of the BOV, that supposedly goes to the vacuum line going into the intake plenum. I have tubing and T connectors.

I also have a little one way valve that was included in this setup. I have no idea how to proceed, and as is often the case, no instructions were included in this cheap Fleabay buy. Any ideas?

BenB

posted on 24/11/09 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Have you identified which end of the BOV goes to which tube? They only work one way of course!!
StrikerChris

posted on 24/11/09 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
as far as i can remember there's no need for a 1 way valve in the system.the vacume in the plenum as the butterfly closes just opens the diaphram in the dump valve releasin the boost to atmosphere,or back to your intake depending on your set up.incidently i dont run one atall yet.it just caused me idling problems and emission problems in the rush for the sva so blocked it off for a quick fix
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 24/11/09 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
I've never heard of a one-way valve in the BOV system either and I'm not planning on using one on my blower install.... (if I ever get a wiggle on and get it finished)...
RK

posted on 25/11/09 at 03:11 AM Reply With Quote
For the small vent, I teed off to one of the vacuum hoses on the back of the plenum, and held the BOV steady (attached to the intercooler on a coolant hose) with zip ties.

I'll let you know if it makes a cool noise or not.

[Edited on 25/11/09 by RK]

Frosty

posted on 25/11/09 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
From memory the blow off valve kits go in a silly place on the 200SX engines.

The best place to install is as near to the intake plenum as possible, but this may not be practical or possible.

As for the vacuum line, this just needs to be connected to a vacuum source that is behind the throttle butterfly.

By "after" I mean a vacuum line that would contain air that has already been through the throttle plate.

RK

posted on 26/11/09 at 01:44 AM Reply With Quote
the thing doesn't do anything. Too bad, really, because I was quite proud of myself putting that on.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.