Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: c20xe thermostat sensor threads
cd.thomson

posted on 30/11/09 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
c20xe thermostat sensor threads

Flak monkey is kindly helping me out with my water temperature sensor and fitting it into the block where the old sensor is in the thermostat.

Now there are two threaded holes here so I'm thinking of screwing in a hosetail so I can bleed from the block as well as the top hose (I've realised I wont be able to bleed the air from the top hose until the thermostat opens - a big nono for a first start procedure!)

does anyone know the threads on these? I thought M10, as the threads for the oilways are M15 but just want to check??

I can't find any M10 hose tails, so I was wondering if threads on the waterways are imperial fittings as standard??

could really do with getting this "easy" job sorted so thanks in advance.

Craig

stevepj

posted on 1/12/09 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
not sure on the sizes, the smaller hole for the engine temp sender is a taper thread, is it 1/4 npt?

Re bleeding the top hose, I think I have a spare thermostat housing with an allen bolt bleed screw on the rad side of the stat, if I can find it and you send me ur address you can have it.

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.