Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: help on linkys
keithice

posted on 1/12/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
help on linkys

I have had a computer built by my local shop with dual core, 4meg of ram etc... running windows 7... I have two problems.. It was set up by the shop with kapersky security and windows defender firewall is off and kaperskys is on but it tells me that both defender and kaps are running spyware and malware I cannot find a way to turn off the defender spy and malware... the second problem is I could up to a couple of days ago open links off this and other websites... all it does when I click a link is show a working symbol and nothing opens... I wondered if I may have inadvertantly changed a security or other setting which is causing this... any advice gratefully received... thanks, keith

Smile and wave boys.... Smile and wave....

Jubal

posted on 1/12/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Can't you take it back? No self respecting shop should set up a machine with competing / conflicting malware products.

Regards the browser issues, try setting it back to defaults. If in IE then Internet Options/Advanced/Reset.

mcerd1

posted on 1/12/09 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
I normall give this a go if I think I've got spyware issues, it just gives you a free independant virus/spyware/mailware check
(not a link, you'll need to copy and paste it )

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/

[Edited on 1/12/09 by mcerd1]

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.