Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rebore, balance, crank polish, near Oxford
The Knobs

posted on 18/12/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Rebore, balance, crank polish, near Oxford

Looking for someone to do the machining on my Toyota engine around Oxford area, any recommendations welcome.
gregs

posted on 18/12/09 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
oselli in witney.
matt_gsxr

posted on 18/12/09 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Rob Walker Engineering.

You nice guys, good prices.

link

Matt

mark chandler

posted on 18/12/09 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
I knew someone years ago used to race mini's he paid the extra for the Oselli treatment.

He regretted it as failed to keep pace with the pack, when stripping down the engine had not been not built as paid for and expected.... combustion chambers not equalised and block had not been decked so lost compression... I am not saying this would be the case today but it does sometimes make you wonder.

The Knobs

posted on 18/12/09 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks.
I have emailed Rob Walker with my requirements, so will wait and see what they say.

The Knobs

posted on 18/12/09 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
I knew someone years ago used to race mini's he paid the extra for the Oselli treatment.

He regretted it as failed to keep pace with the pack, when stripping down the engine had not been not built as paid for and expected.... combustion chambers not equalised and block had not been decked so lost compression... I am not saying this would be the case today but it does sometimes make you wonder.

Ditto with that. I had dealings with them in the 80s and wouldn't like to use them even now.

WestfieldSEI

posted on 18/12/09 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have used Rob Walker and had no problem, but didn't he once work for Oselli?
Cheffy

posted on 18/12/09 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
Rob Walker Engineering.

You nice guys, good prices.

link

Matt

Ditto that. I've used Rob Walker near Chipping Norton before and can thoroughly recommend him. I've also got a mate who races a 5.2l V8 off road 'beast' who swears by Rob Walker.

HTH,

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeCapon

posted on 19/12/09 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Knobs
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler

Ditto with that. I had dealings with them in the 80s and wouldn't like to use them even now.

And another one. Again a while ago but it still makes me to think about it. Paid good money for a load of stuff, balancing, chemical cleaning of block, 3 angle valve seats etc etc etc.. A big bill. The clown who put the new core plugs back in the block put the oil gallery core plug at the wrong end of the block.

Result... Span up motor to get oil pressure which was of course excellent as the core plug stopped any oil getting into the motor. It all went to the oil light and pressure gauge senders. Hooked up the ignition and away it went for about 30 seconds. Crank, cam, followers..... All wrecked. Oselli refused to get involved. As it was a rally car motor I just got on with it as I had rallies to do. Lots of other have had similar experiences. Beware..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.