Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wipers not parking
Motty

posted on 17/4/04 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
Wipers not parking

Can anybody help me please. I have a Mini wiper motor which I have changed the cam on so that it parks on the correct side, the problem is that it refuses to park at all. Both speeds are working and it stops but just will not park. Any ideas please?
spunky

posted on 17/4/04 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Wiper woes

Motty you have my sympathy.
I cant give specifics to a mini motor, I used a peugot motor and it was rave getting it to park. Check switch connections carefully and remember that the park uses a seperate live feed and motor connection that come into play when the wipers are switched off.

Multiplug connections at motor were:

1 High speed
2 Earth
3 Park
4 Lo speed
5 Park

Sorry but lost my scribble of switch connections but seem to recall a lot of piggy backs and links until I got it sussed.

Good luck

John

Peteff

posted on 17/4/04 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
There is a limit switch in the mini wiper motor gearbox. If this has been disturbed it will not self park.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Steve @ sVc

posted on 17/4/04 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
If you need an exploded vue of the wiper motor go onto our web site www.s-v-c.co.uk.
Ensure the switch is sitting down correctly into the base of the motor. If it is try removing it and opperating it manually.
We have spare switches if its faulty
regards
Steve ' sVc

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.