Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: astra clutch problem
t16turbotone

posted on 23/12/09 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
astra clutch problem

hi peeps, looking for a little advise, ive got an astravan just lately clutch has been feeling very vague and the biting point of clutch can be at different points throughout the travel of pedal.ive always thought that the clutch was cable operated, however ime begining to think that it could be hyd due to the fact ime loosing fluid from brake ressivior. anyone know the system used on astra ?and if clutch and brake use same fluid ?

thanx
tony

t16turbotone

posted on 23/12/09 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
oh..its a 2001 1600cc 8v petrol
trogdor

posted on 23/12/09 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
as far as I know the clutch will be cable, I have a mk3 astravan and its deffo cable. I didn't think they changed that much to the mk4

easy way is to have a look. The cable should be pretty clear on top of the gearbox.

Not sure what could be causing your prob, maybe the cable is pulling through on the bulkhead or elsewhere.

bigrich

posted on 23/12/09 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Astra has used a concentric cylinder for a long time, prone to leaks into the bellhousing. have a look underneath and check for fluid/dampness on the gearbox to engine joint.

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

t16turbotone

posted on 23/12/09 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
yep...its hyd, concentric cylinder leaking into bellhousing... been quoted £480 guess what ime doing over xmas break

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.