Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wife's car been hit
cjtheman

posted on 23/12/09 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
wife's car been hit

the wife was watching the snow fall through the window earlier when a car came down the road pulled in to let someone through couldn't stop and used the misses car to stop
cheers
colin

wanted

sunny weather

sva pass 12/6/09
taxed 16/6/09

TimC

posted on 23/12/09 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, Christ - its all about you Cwmbran boys - I'll be lucky to get home for Xmas by the sound of it!

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 23/12/09 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
It does seem to be case of a lot of idiots out there not taking into account the conditions. I've been going out in the car a lot less, not worried about my own abilities in the snow, its the dears in 4x4's and the like who don't change their braking distances etc

cjtheman

posted on 23/12/09 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
tim i think you might make it home by the new year.......................lol

wanted

sunny weather

sva pass 12/6/09
taxed 16/6/09

fesycresy

posted on 23/12/09 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hope the drivers OK.

I wouldn't want to be in his/hers shoes, when Jackie gets hold of them

Col, don't let her read the above, cheers mate

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

scootz

posted on 23/12/09 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Remember when I was in Bosnia one winter... watched one guy go to a car parked at the top of steep sloping street and scrape a couple of feet of snow from the windscreen.

Although we saw it coming a mile off, none of us could quite believe it... he jumped in the car and pulled out onto the road.

Funnily enough he gathered pace despite the wheels not moving and he must have hit the bank at the bottom at a good 30mph!

After that, nothing surprises me!

It's Evolution Baby!

David Jenkins

posted on 23/12/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
My wife encountered a big 4x4 coming the other way this morning, which was driving near enough in the middle of the road (it's amazing how many of the 4x4 drivers don't know how wide they are - or at least where the nearside of their car is - and over-compensate).

Anyway, she felt that she has to swerve to avoid it, and ended up with a broken passenger door mirror after hitting a branch or something in the hedge. Guess who's now got to fix that sometime...

JoelP

posted on 23/12/09 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
My wife encountered a big 4x4 coming the other way this morning, which was driving near enough in the middle of the road (it's amazing how many of the 4x4 drivers don't know how wide they are - or at least where the nearside of their car is - and over-compensate).

Anyway, she felt that she has to swerve to avoid it, and ended up with a broken passenger door mirror after hitting a branch or something in the hedge. Guess who's now got to fix that sometime...

i feel your pain there david, but its always better to hit a hedge than a car even if its not your fault. Just think of the insurance premiums and grit your teeth!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

David Jenkins

posted on 25/12/09 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

i feel your pain there david, but its always better to hit a hedge than a car even if its not your fault. Just think of the insurance premiums and grit your teeth!

Turned out to be not so much of a pain to fix as I expected... New mirror cost £27 inc P&P from ebay, and it looks like it can be fitted without stripping out the door (2 screws, 2 bolts). Only down-side is that the ebay supplier won't be shipping it until 5th Jan (but he did say that in big letters on his advert, so I shouldn't complain...).

Phew!

[Edited on 25/12/09 by David Jenkins]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.