Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT: Baby moniter idea?
matt.c

posted on 30/12/09 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
OT: Baby moniter idea?

Story is that i have a one year old daughter and we live in a bungalow. Night time can be quite tricky at times due to having to be quiet to let her sleep. We keep her door closed so it keeps most of the noise down but its really hard to open her door without her waking up. We need to keep an eye on her due to her have a coughing problem at night which can make her sick. We have looked at some of the tv baby moniters but they seem to be really crap and poor quality.
Now, Can one be made using a webcam or somthing like that? Sorry i havent got a clue about electrical stuff.
As this is a locosting site i expect cheap ideas.

Thanks

Matt

[Edited on 30/12/09 by matt.c]

rayward

posted on 30/12/09 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
cheep I/R bueelt cam with transmitter of ebay ???

could connect the receiver into your TV and just flick channels now and then to check on the baby !

something like ......

e bay Link

hth

Ray

[Edited on 30/12/09 by rayward]

smart51

posted on 30/12/09 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I knew someone who had a webcam as a baby monitor. They used their PC as a TV and it automatically merged the sound of the webcam and the TV so they could hear something going on and switch the picture.

Hammerhead

posted on 30/12/09 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
maybe some sort of security camera from argos, probably have night vision and you will be able to use a channel of your tv to view her.
prawnabie

posted on 30/12/09 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Dunno if its any help, but you can get a free program to turn a webcam into an ip cam so you can view it on the network- its called webcam xp 5

Linky

I use it to keep an eye on my turtles in there tank when im outside lol

Turtlecam Linky

[Edited on 30/12/09 by prawnabie]

Peteff

posted on 30/12/09 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt.c
Story is that i have a one year old daughter and we live in a bungalow. Night time can be quite tricky at times due to having to be quiet to let her sleep.

The idea is to make as much noise as normal so she gets used to it and sleeps through it, if she wakes up she wasn't really tired enough anyway.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Benzine

posted on 30/12/09 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
The idea is to make as much noise as normal so she gets used to it and sleeps through it, if she wakes up she wasn't really tired enough anyway.

This ^

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
uklee70

posted on 31/12/09 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hi We

Bought a video baby monitor from e buyer and it is brilliant wouldn't be without it

it is colour plugs into the tv as well if you need it has automatic night view £68 well spent! next day delivery

Lee

[Edited on 31/12/09 by uklee70]

scudderfish

posted on 31/12/09 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
And it gets your kids used to CCTV from an early age.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.