Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike throttle bodies
matty h

posted on 15/1/10 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Bike throttle bodies

What are the best bike throttle bodies to use on a 2.0 8v vauxhall engine and would megasquirt be the best option for engine management.
m8kwr

posted on 15/1/10 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
I put hayabusa on my westy i had with that engine, mine was the sri 8v. From what i was told had a different head, standard about 130bhp. But others but correct me if i'm wrong.

Bogg brothers did the manifold for me.

I also had an omex ecu, and got it up to 190bhp on the first map, then had it properly mapped, went down to 180bhp (with air filter), and run great, could not be happier.

No other mods on the engine, apart from the arp bolts.

big-vee-twin

posted on 15/1/10 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Suzuki GXSR 750 one's from 2001 split easy for re-spacing and have the same Internal diameter as the Jenvey throttle bodies.

These are the one's I have.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Jenko

posted on 15/1/10 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR600 would get my vote - 42mm tapered down to 38mm, get the early ones that can be respaced....

PJ.

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

fatbaldbloke

posted on 15/1/10 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with Paul, above, GSXR600. Lots of information on my website, both about bike throttle bodies and why you should or should not choose megasquirt.
will121

posted on 15/1/10 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty h
What are the best bike throttle bodies to use on a 2.0 8v vauxhall engine and would megasquirt be the best option for engine management.

which engine is it? have you considdered motorbike carbs instead of injection?

matty h

posted on 15/1/10 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Engine is 2.0SEH 8v Vauxhall engine out of 130SRI Cavalier I have had the bottom end rebuilt and got hold of a polished and ported head with Kent cam fitted which I am on with fitting just thinking that the standard injection will be restricting it after a budget induction option.Thought injection is best and was hoping to use standard loom and put the megasquirt electronics into a empty standard ecu case then I will be able to plug it straight in.
will121

posted on 15/1/10 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
does the 130bhp 8v still use a disy for the ignition? if so bike carbs might be a cheaper option, worth looking on the vauxhall forum websites as well
Willie

posted on 15/1/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Good list of bike throttle bodies here...take your pick.

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6627

Something alot of people don't seem to mention is that most bike TBs seem to have a recess around the fuel injector, I assume to give the fuel spray room to get out, and to cause an area where passing air will draw the fuel out. This means that the outlet tends to be a funny shape, so if you just attach it to your manifold with silicone hose, you're going to have a difference in diametres, or a step looking back up the throttle body from the manifold end.

Most of the rubber TB mounts on bikes are moulded to taper this in, so use them and not parallel silicone/rubber hose.

Willie
Willie

rpm

posted on 15/1/10 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
although mines a 16v i used gsxr 1000 t/b's, pics in my archive, i also used the original injectors in the cut down manifold also it's running on megasquirt ms2

[Edited on 15/1/10 by rpm]

expert
ex= a has been
spurt= a drip under pressure

Jenko

posted on 16/1/10 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
The fact that you already have injection means that most of the hard work is done (VR sensor, temp sensors, high pressure fuel system, etc).....

A new ported head, ITB's and new ECU will see massive improvements over your current set up......

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

matty h

posted on 16/1/10 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Yes I was thinking that it would be easier to stay with injection like you said most of the bits I need are already there and I believe megasquirt works with the GM sensors.
How much would I be looking at for a megasquirt ecu and where from.
I also have a inlet manifold for twin 45's was hoping to use this with adaptor flanges to take throotlle bodies is this the easiest way or should I start from scratch.

rpm

posted on 16/1/10 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
mines running on ms2 extra, and uses all the standard sensors, i would definatly reccomend phillip at extraefi.co.uk, he was very helpfull to me with a post fittting problem i think ms2 extras are about £300 now

expert
ex= a has been
spurt= a drip under pressure

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.