Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blade engine position
minordelay

posted on 18/1/10 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Blade engine position

In the process of making a new cradle as the one we were given is for non RR blade engine and would put the air cleaner though the bonnet!!

I have it sitting some where near with the oil sight glass now level and base of the new billet sump level from the side.

Should I be looking to get the prop drive flange parallel or as near as or let the uj's in the prop take up the difference.

It just doesn't look quite right!!!!

Thanks in advance

roadrunner

posted on 18/1/10 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
They say not to have the prop straight, it damages the uj's more than if they are bent.
You do need the prop adapter close to the tunnel entrance but not square, if you now what i mean.
You also want the engine as low as you can get it, but not that low so the sump hits small gravel on the roads.
If you could get hold of last months Complete Kitcar mag , they have done an engine change with a Fireblade, might give you some ideas.

minordelay

posted on 18/1/10 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, it won't be going on the road just the odd trip to Curborough etc.

I know what you mean about straight uj's but with 3 uj's and a 2 piece prop I would think that the front flange should be somewhere near parallel with the diff flange.

I'll look for the mag though free read in tescos maybe

Brommers

posted on 19/1/10 at 12:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by minordelay
Cheers, it won't be going on the road just the odd trip to Curborough etc.

I know what you mean about straight uj's but with 3 uj's and a 2 piece prop I would think that the front flange should be somewhere near parallel with the diff flange.

I'll look for the mag though free read in tescos maybe

It's certainly worth trying to make sure the prop flanges are parallel, but UJs really don't like being run in straight lines. Doesn't have to be much of a bend - 1 or 2 degrees is enough, but it's worth doing as a UJ failure on such a long propshaft is a rather mind-focusing event...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.