Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: B*st*rds..Just been Robbed
Paul (Notts)

posted on 21/1/10 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
B*st*rds..Just been Robbed

B*st*rds..Just been Robbed

Went on a training day from work today to a local hotel.

Left wallet in jacket pocket in a supposedly locked room ( stupid) to go for dinner.

30 mins after dinner get a called to reception for an urgent phone call.

Nice well spoken chap explains he is from Barclay card security division and wants to know If I have just made a large cash withdrawal. Then explains that My cards being used so asks me to check if I still have my wallet. So goes on to ask for the security details…as always confirm this and that…Then says he will cancel my Barclay card ..no probles.

Then says the computer show these other accounts at my address and do I want him to cancel them…

Gets normal security info But also My PIN for two accounts…

Now I am down over £3000 and according to the banks its my hard luck….

Bloody convincing Con

BenB

posted on 21/1/10 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Eh? Are you saying he rang you up after getting your card and you gave over your PIN number as proof of ID?
andyharding

posted on 21/1/10 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't you wonder at any time how the bank knew you were at the hotel and to ring there to speak to you?

Got to be someone on the hotel staff.

If it's on credit and not debit card you can get it back via Consumer Credit Act.

Silly you for giving your pin out everyone knows they never ask for that!

[Edited on 21/1/10 by andyharding]

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

andyharding

posted on 21/1/10 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
P.S. now you gave him all your security info too expect to have some personal loans taken out in your name

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

mad4x4

posted on 21/1/10 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Contact your bank and the POLICE as this is fraud...... assume the Barclay's rep that phoned you was not a barclays's rep

Do you have SENTINAL protection etc.... what is "barclays" fraud policy...

As said above has to be a HOTEL employee or someone in the room

[Edited on 21/101/10 by mad4x4]

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

Paul (Notts)

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Barclays have my work number..The block on the phone said they had passed on the hotel number

did not ask for mt barclay card pin as he said he could just cancel that

Very convincing

No holiday for me this year

Police comming round soon as its fraud and not just a stolen wallet.

ashg

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
call the bank they should be able to tell you what machine it come out of. you then need to get the police to get the cctv tape from that machine and find them

sorry to say silly boy for giving out your pin, the bank will never ask you for it.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

speedyxjs

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Bastards!!!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

mistergrumpy

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
And burglary. If someone enters your room in a hotel it is classed as your dwelling.
tul214

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
BAD TIMES

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

Paul (Notts)

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
What makes it worst is that it was Pay day yesteday. So A whole months wages gone...

two days ago the account would have been empty

scootz

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
'kin 'ell

Gutted for you mate! It's easy to see the scam after the event, but not so obvious at the time!

Once it's been recorded by the Police get back in touch with the Fraud Dept at the bank... surely they won't abandon you!?

It's Evolution Baby!

Agriv8

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Funkin el

Have you talked to the hotel CCTV tapes ?

fingers crossed for you.

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

graememk

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
inside job.....

SeaBass

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't go near that hotel again...

JC

mistergrumpy

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
The maids/cleaners at hotels have a tendency to prop the doors open as they clean them and so it is very easy for someone to quickly grab something from inside unfortunately. If there is no signs of force to the doors or windows then this could easily have been the case also.
Agriv8

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
inside job.....

those were my first thoughts and if not or someone who knows the hotel / setup very well ( ex employee ).

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

geoffxt

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
My wallet was stolen from my jacket pocket whilst I was out of my office. I was warned by our receptionist but couldn't run fast enough to catch the bastard. I immediately reported it to police and barclaycard. Fortunately, the thief went into a shoe shop to buy some shoes with the card. The sales assistant wasn't happy and kept the thief waiting whilst she checked with Barclaycard. The idiot stood waiting long enough for the police to arrive and arrest him. I then later had to complete a statement saying that I had neither given or lent the thief my card. I hope your thief is as daft as mine was!
geoffxt

My wallet was stolen from my jacket pocket whilst I was out of my office. I was warned by our receptionist but couldn't run fast enough to catch the bastard. I immediately reported it to police and barclaycard. Fortunately, the thief went into a shoe shop to buy some shoes with the card. The sales assistant wasn't happy and kept the thief waiting whilst she checked with Barclaycard. The idiot stood waiting long enough for the police to arrive and arrest him. I then later had to complete a statement saying that I had neither given or lent the thief my card. I hope your thief is as daft as mine was!
geoffxt

geoffxt

posted on 21/1/10 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
MikeFellows

posted on 21/1/10 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
I cant believe that happened to you 4 times

r1_pete

posted on 21/1/10 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
B@stards, must admit it sounds like an inside job, someone who could legitimately get in the room without rousing suspicion, and someone who knew your bank account was full!! hate to suggest - colleague??

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dangle_kt

posted on 21/1/10 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
dont the hotel have a duty of care if they said the room was locked?

What about the training company? Surely if they are providing the accomodation/training room and so can get pulled into it all.

I'd call citizens advice and see if there are any support you can claim - it wont help this month, but if you get hit by an uninsured driver you do get some compensation - I wonder if there is also something that covers this eventuallity?

Really sorry to hear your bad news, but good of you to be so honest on the forum and open yourself up to the "silly boy" comments. Its a lesson to us all, and wouldn;t be quite as effective without all the details you have given.

Roll on next payday!

Steve G

posted on 21/1/10 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'm confused as to whether you gave out your PIN or not to the supposed "Barclays staff"?? No member of staff ever get access to your PIN number so did they actually get access to your money from info gained from yourself??

Really hope you get sorted out anyway. Scumbags.

Isnt there a member on here who is a fraud investigator for a financial / insurance company of some sort??

[Edited on 21/1/10 by Steve G]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.