Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Parking Ticket......Absolutely Furious!!!!!
Bumble

posted on 16/2/10 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Parking Ticket......Absolutely Furious!!!!!

Major Rant.......Got into work this morning and was given an invoice from the lease company that own's my company car for illegal parking on 20th Jan - my brithday! Parking ticket = £150 + Admin charge £25. Lease company has already paid this as it increases to £225 if not paid within 28 days. I rang the Car Park owners (Civil Enforcement Ltd) and asked where the ticket was that was issued to me - the reply...."we don't issue tickets, we have photgraphic evidence from sophisticated CCTV of your car illegally parked and if you want a copy please send a cheque for £10". This served to wind me up even further. I bought a ticket was my reply from the Pay and Display machine. I was then told it is "not a pay and display car park but one which you have to telephone and pay via debit card". I told her there was Pay & Display machine only 3 or 4 cars along from mine which I purchased a ticket from to which I was told that I had most likely crossed into the adjacent car park and not noticed I was then given all the BullSh*t about Terms and Conditions etc. It was dark, poorly lit and pouring with rain. This was in Milton Keynes. I have no option now but to pay up as the registered keeper of the car (lease company) have already paid and invoiced my company. I am needless to say absolutely bloody furious at what is a blatant rip off. How can these charges be justified. This is made especially worse as it would have paid half toward my Megasquirt from EFi.
I am now in a very bad mood.

MikeRJ

posted on 16/2/10 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Hmm, was this a private parking company or Council run? If the former then their contract is with the driver of the car, not the registered keeper. Might be worth having a quick chat with a solicitor...

[Edited on 16/2/10 by MikeRJ]

m8kwr

posted on 16/2/10 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
I keep getting letters about my car been parked illegally.

I could of paid them for photo proof of my car been parked there, but continue to ignore the letters, apparently people are coming round to collect money, courts involved etc. It best not to even respond.... as most of the time they don't take it to court as its cost them money to do so, and just pray on people paying up.

I did park my car there, but a late saturday afternoon, no other car around, I could not see the problem personally - but it was a private road!!!!

Its just a shame they got in touch with the lease company. I thought laws were been brought in to control these types of companies and the amount they charge.... How come its always the motorist who has to pay out.... your make me want to RANT now lol....

whitestu

posted on 16/2/10 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
If the lease company paid it without informing you then say thanks very much and leave it at that!

Any tickets I've had were sent to me by the lease company to settle.

Stu

[Edited on 16/2/10 by whitestu]

Bumble

posted on 16/2/10 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Private Company not Council run....if you Google them they come up all over the place as a scam outfit who have liquidated themselves several times and then crop up as somthing else. My problem is that Arval (the lease company) have already paid up.
FFTS

posted on 16/2/10 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
I got a ticket by cctv for being 12 mins over the 1 hour 20 mins allowed in a retail park in Preston. Same thing.. bullying letter, discount if £60 paid in 28 days, penalty of 120 if later,, bla bla. The company is called "Parking Eye".

I took the time to google like mad and came across a load of forums with advise and it all said the same. DONT PAY.. they have no legal right and will not take you to court and true enough I couldnt find any post where anyone had been summonsed. They work on bullying and intimidation alone and its very profitable even if 20% refuse to pay. Theres too much info to convey here but get googling and youll get some amazing advise. I took the advise of NO CONTACT AT ALL. I got a letter with a photo of my car and more threats, then another from a so called debt collector although no debt was established..

I ignored the lot and nothing else happened They dont have a leg to stand on and its easier to bank the money from those who they scare enough rather than spend money on fighting someone who is prepared to stand up to them.

I appreciate that its a bit different if the leasing company were stupid enough to pay it.

Good luck.

Just a thought!! I would send any info you find that shows that the parking company have no right and cant enforce the tickets and that they took that action without consulting you, effectivly commiting you to pay for something you didnt need to and had no intention of doing and that you would have fought it in court if needed. They took it out of your hands and deprived you of any decision making and so they should pay.

[Edited on 16/2/10 by FFTS]

Chris.

l0rd

posted on 16/2/10 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FFTS
I got a ticket by cctv for being 12 mins over the 1 hour 20 mins allowed in a retail park in Preston. Same thing.. bullying letter, discount if £60 paid in 28 days, penalty of 120 if later,, bla bla. The company is called "Parking Eye".

I took the time to google like mad and came across a load of forums with advise and it all said the same. DONT PAY.. they have no legal right and will not take you to court and true enough I couldnt find any post where anyone had been summonsed. They work on bullying and intimidation alone and its very profitable even if 20% refuse to pay. Theres too much info to convey here but get googling and youll get some amazing advise. I took the advise of NO CONTACT AT ALL. I got a letter with a photo of my car and more threats, then another from a so called debt collector although no debt was established..

I ignored the lot and nothing else happened They dont have a leg to stand on and its easier to bank the money from those who they scare enough rather than spend money on fighting someone who is prepared to stand up to them.

I appreciate that its a bit different if the leasing company were stupid enough to pay it.

Good luck.

Just a thought!! I would send any info you find that shows that the parking company have no right and cant enforce the tickets and that they took that action without consulting you, effectivly commiting you to pay for something you didnt need to and had no intention of doing and that you would have fought it in court if needed. They took it out of your hands and deprived you of any decision making and so they should pay.

[Edited on 16/2/10 by FFTS]

+1

Since you were to pay the ticket, they should have informed you. You might wanted to pay the 225 pounds fine instead of the 175 because you are rich and can afford it.

Also, check your contract with the company car.

ReMan

posted on 16/2/10 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I'm sure you'll find that if your employment contract terms etc is any good then you will be responsible so if you want to keep your job........
hughpinder

posted on 16/2/10 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
I got done for parking in a disabled spot just after xmas,also in the dark/rain. It was at the back of a supermarket, where you wouldn't expect a disabled bay since they are usually at the end of the rows nearest the entrance. I had just passed a car at the end of a line as he pulled out. I reversed in and went off to shop. When I came back I had a ticket. The only disabled sign was the one painted on the ground which isn't visible when reversing in! When I phoned the council to complain that this wasn't the most visible of ways of marking the disabled bay, the girl basically said "Its your fault. Loads of people try to get out of the parking fine in that spot by saying its not visible if you reverse in. You should always check first".

At least mine was 'only' £60 I suppose

Hugh

BenB

posted on 16/2/10 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
A bit cheeky of the lease company.... I'd just send a letter to the lease company saying that from now on if they ever receive a similar fine you want them to ring you and you'll sort it out. And maybe offer to pay half of the existing one

Hell, if you want cheeky- I had my tintop parked on my street (though not outside my house). Someone reported it "abandoned" (presumably the person whose house it was outside of) and Barnet council sent a letter saying I had 7 days to move it or they would crush it!! Eh?
One would assume they would have to ascertain it was abandoned. They got my address from the DVLA who presumably could have informed them it was taxed and insured!!! Who would dump a car but keep it taxed and insured???

Worringly because my post was on divertion (recent house move) I didn't get it until after 7 days but they failed to live up to their threats! Probably just more bluff and bluster...

Dan.

posted on 16/2/10 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Hell, if you want cheeky- I had my tintop parked on my street (though not outside my house). Someone reported it "abandoned" (presumably the person whose house it was outside of) and Barnet council sent a letter saying I had 7 days to move it or they would crush it!! Eh?
One would assume they would have to ascertain it was abandoned. They got my address from the DVLA who presumably could have informed them it was taxed and insured!!! Who would dump a car but keep it taxed and insured???

Worringly because my post was on divertion (recent house move) I didn't get it until after 7 days but they failed to live up to their threats! Probably just more bluff and bluster...

Had the same thing happen to me whilst I was away with work... the car was towed and they wanted £180 iirc to get it back... I was not amused! It was fully taxed, insured & MOT'd.

mad4x4

posted on 16/2/10 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Not pay and Display but one which you have to telephone and pay via debit card.....

WTF - I would be doing that and would;t be parking there......
WHat if you don;t have a telephone or prefer to use Cash......

[Edited on 16/202/10 by mad4x4]

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

LoMoss

posted on 16/2/10 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
I would check that the parking ticket is not an invoice. If it is there is a contract in place and you have made an arrangement then you would have to pay. In this instance there would be no agreement and the invoice is unenforceable.

Company issue invoices hoping you will pay. You have to write and ask if it is an invoice and on what legal grounds it was issued.

HTH

More here

Moss

[Edited on 16/2/10 by LoMoss]

A1

posted on 16/2/10 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
fight it, theyll give in. dont go straight to court, use it as a final option, keep notes of all communication between you and them.
iank

posted on 16/2/10 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
If the lease company have paid it then it's too late. You will have signed an agreement with the leasing company to pay all parking/speeding tickets and since they have paid up you owe them the money.

You could sue the originators of the ticket for your money back, but I doubt they'd ever pay.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

BenB

posted on 16/2/10 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dan.
quote:

Had the same thing happen to me whilst I was away with work... the car was towed and they wanted £180 iirc to get it back... I was not amused! It was fully taxed, insured & MOT'd.

what happened? Did you have to cough up?

kj

posted on 16/2/10 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Just a quick one if anyone is in cumbria be on the look out for nasty parking attendants.
One of the guys we work with was over there looking at some flood damaged houses and the parking attendant is going around ticketing most of the sub contractors vehicles how are their to help get them back on their feet how sh%t is that?

[Edited on 16/2/10 by kj]

[Edited on 16/2/10 by kj]

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

andyharding

posted on 16/2/10 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
If the lease company have paid it then it's too late. You will have signed an agreement with the leasing company to pay all parking/speeding tickets and since they have paid up you owe them the money.

There is most likely a clause in the lease contract that they will pay speeding / parking FINES. A private parking company issue an INVOICE not a FINE and as such their clause does not apply and the lease company will be left out of pocket for their silly mistake.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

FFTS

posted on 16/2/10 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Ahha.. found the link to the great advice I found when the criminals tried to scare me out of my hard earned wonga.

parking ticket linky

Chris.

RichardK

posted on 16/2/10 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Strange, I can't get Arval to pay for a decent set of tyres never mind parking tickets! Always end up with the cheapest crap they can get to fit!!

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 17/2/10 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bumble
Private Company not Council run....if you Google them they come up all over the place as a scam outfit who have liquidated themselves several times and then crop up as somthing else. My problem is that Arval (the lease company) have already paid up.

Yeah better read through that contract completely and get the parking ticket they were sent too... Mind you if they're anything like the people I'm dealing with you could have been in prison before they send it out!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.